What's new

QED Vetiver Shaving Soap

Item Description

Price: It is reasonable
Quality: I had a great shave filled with aromatic vetiver
Scent: If you like Vetiver, it is Heaven, if you don't, you know it
Lather:I was worried being a glycerin soap; there was no reason, lots of lather easy to work
Efficacy: 3 passes with a Red Israeli, I usually prefer Feathers and it was a smooth shave
Moisturizing: It was nice no razor burn but I also got the Vetiver after shave balm from QED and of course I OD in Vetiver

Latest reviews

Introduction: QED is known for powerful scents and loads of essential oils (EOs) in their glycerin-based shaving soaps. Vetiver is one of those scents that you either love or hate. I have no clue what vetiver smells like, but if it's a woodsy-like smell, like everyone says, I should love it. Let's see.

Price: I paid $13.50 for this soap. I think that's a lot for a glycerin-based shaving soap, but then again, Charles uses a lot of EOs. However, I still think $13.50 is a lot, especially when you consider that everything used to make soaps, except the EOs, is not that expensive.

Lather: I added a little too much water at the beginning but was still able to come up with a quality lather. As far as glycerin-based soaps go, QED is definitely one of the best in terms of lather-producing ability.

Scent: Vetiver smells like wood and Earth. To me, it smells like freshly chopped firewood and dirt. That might sound gross, but I think it smells great. As far as strength goes, I honestly thought Charles should have made this soap a little stronger.

Shave: I received a DFS with little irritation. Overall, I think QED Luxury Lather (Vetiver) provided a good shave.

Moisturizing properties: My skin feels very moist and healthy after using QED Luxury Lather (Vetiver).

Packaging: It comes in a white tub with a sticker on it. It's nothing special, but nothing terrible. I do not think glycerin-based soaps needs exorbitant packaging.

Final thoughts: I enjoyed this soap. The scent was great and it provided a slick, lather for my shave. If you enjoy strong scents, QED is a must as always.

Where to purchase: The only place to purchase this is at QEDUSA.com. The soap costs $13.50 for a 5 oz. tub.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Price: It is reasonable
Quality: I had a great shave filled with aromatic vetiver
Scent: If you like Vetiver, it is Heaven, if you don't, you know it
Lather:I was worried being a glycerin soap; there was no reason, lots of lather easy to work
Efficacy: 3 passes with a Red Israeli, I usually prefer Feathers and it was a smooth shave
Moisturizing: It was nice no razor burn but I also got the Vetiver after shave balm from QED and of course I OD in Vetiver
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)