What's new

Proraso Aftershave Splash

Use this all the time along with the aftershave balm and the Proraso "Green Tube".....This is great stuff, very cooling and in my opinion smells great.

It is easily absorbed and yet the smell lingers fleetingly and is not too "clingy"

As a "splash" its very good and i would recommend you at least give it a go.

It's not the most expensive out there but for what you pay it does it's job very well. Every guy should have this in their bathroom!!

It does have a gentle bite as you apply but that in itself does not detract rom using it.

Go get some !!!!:smile:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Good product, nice clean scent. Effective, but not as much as some other medium-prices splashes.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I love this stuff! Tried it today for the first time. I really like the scent, the feel of it going on, and surprisingly, its moisturizing properties. I followed up the a/s splash with Nivea aftershave balm purely out of habit... I didn't need the balm, the Proraso splash provided such good toning and moisturizing on its own. This stuff is VERY refreshing.

Drew
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
This stuff is my favourite AS on the market - I like the light, clean traditional smell. More important, the product really works - reduces razor burn and leaves your face/neck feeling cool and refreshed - great combination of ingredients, including witch hazel.

I agree that the scent is quite traditional - I liken it to Italian Old Spice - and that some may find it medicinal.

However, indvidual scent preferences aside, this stuff works great and is a real bargain to boot - this is my standard AS and I often use it again in the evening to "freshen up".
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
P1010054.JPG

Gents,
Well I had been wanting to snag a bottle of this for quite some time - and finally got around to purchasing a bottle - among other things - from QED. It arrived in an interesting shiny green box, with a neat "grating" effect/feel to the box.... very different from the white box the liquid cream comes in.

I whipped this sucker outta the box.... and it was love at first sniff, simply delightful stuff and smells much different than the standard proraso scent. This splash has a lovely mix of light, zesty, vetiver like scents, very subtle, very interesting. I find it to be quite delightful. (** UPDATE - I have since grown a touch distant to this scent... I think it is a touch medicinal, however it is not very lasting)

P1010056.JPG

This splash comes in the same bottle style as the cream - with the exception of a "splash" top with just a small hole in a fitted button of plastic. It dispenses the desired amount with relative ease.

Now on to the important stuff.... how does it work? In my opinion - rather nice! It provides a wonderful cooling feeling- followed by a delightful scent, and a great - deep toning effect. The witch hazel in this concoction does a wonderful job at soothing you face as does the allantoin. It does just as it claims - freshens, moisturizes (lightly) and tones while soothing irritation. For summer use this stuff is delightful.

How does it compare to the liquid cream? Night and day..... very different products. I have tried using the splash along side BEFORE using the cream as a 1-2 measure which was quite nice. On its own they both do very well - for hot summer use - I prefer the splash- and look forward to using it quite frequently this summer. If you have dry skin - the liquid cream may be your best bet - as it has just that perfect amount of moisture - but the neat thing about this proraso splash is that it can simply be used as a soothing toner - before the application of your desired a/s balm.

I'd give it a strong recommendation - especially if you enjoy traditional after shave splashes!
Top Bottom