What's new

Pentel "Excalibur" RX15 - Rollerball Pen

Item Description

*I'm not sure what "Fit & Finish" means, so I left it blank.

I decided to get myself a nicer pen, as I don't like disposables too much. My local stationer suggested to be this pen, which for the price ($13.29 to be exact), is a good deal.

Price: $13.29. 'Nough said.

Packaging: Just a small, simple box. No complaints here.

Quality: The pen has a nice heft to it. The black finish is nice, and the gold-metal trim is a nice touch. There's a rubber grip, which I guess is nice. When I compare to higher end pens I have seen that usually don't have them, I feel like it diminished the look of higher quality than it actually is.

However, I do have some problems with the cartridge. I use this pen for everything - pocket Moleskine, notes, and essays (I'm a student). In my Moleskine is when it performs best: the ink is bold and dark for the most part. However, if I'm writing on other papers and such, the cartridge almost acts like it's empty. The ink will sometimes skip, or the ink is very narrow and and faded. It goes back and forth in my writing between this state and the bolder state, so this can be annoying. I find the ink is darker when holding the pen at an angle and writing slower. I hope this is just the cartridge I'm using.

Durability: It's in my pocket at all times, and holds up pretty well. Aren't any scratches I can find. The black can attract fingerprints that are noticeable under a light.

Overall: I really like then body of the pen. It's small enough for my pocket, but still big enough to be comfortable to write with. My only major gripe is the ink inconsistency.

Latest reviews

*I'm not sure what "Fit & Finish" means, so I left it blank.

I decided to get myself a nicer pen, as I don't like disposables too much. My local stationer suggested to be this pen, which for the price ($13.29 to be exact), is a good deal.

Price: $13.29. 'Nough said.

Packaging: Just a small, simple box. No complaints here.

Quality: The pen has a nice heft to it. The black finish is nice, and the gold-metal trim is a nice touch. There's a rubber grip, which I guess is nice. When I compare to higher end pens I have seen that usually don't have them, I feel like it diminished the look of higher quality than it actually is.

However, I do have some problems with the cartridge. I use this pen for everything - pocket Moleskine, notes, and essays (I'm a student). In my Moleskine is when it performs best: the ink is bold and dark for the most part. However, if I'm writing on other papers and such, the cartridge almost acts like it's empty. The ink will sometimes skip, or the ink is very narrow and and faded. It goes back and forth in my writing between this state and the bolder state, so this can be annoying. I find the ink is darker when holding the pen at an angle and writing slower. I hope this is just the cartridge I'm using.

Durability: It's in my pocket at all times, and holds up pretty well. Aren't any scratches I can find. The black can attract fingerprints that are noticeable under a light.

Overall: I really like then body of the pen. It's small enough for my pocket, but still big enough to be comfortable to write with. My only major gripe is the ink inconsistency.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Value
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
4.00 star(s)
xa_sc_review_field_title.fit_&_finish
1.00 star(s)