What's new

Omega Pure Badger Brush 638

Setola is Italian for 'bristle." Pura Setola = Pure Bristle.
I believe that "Pura Setola" means pure bristle. In other words, this is a review of an Omega boar brush. Pura Tasso would refer to badger.
eric.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Density
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
1.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
1.00 star(s)
On this page the brush is presented as a finest silvertip. What is going on ? Please can someone verify first hand from experience comparing this one to other silvertips, that this brush really is, or is not silvertip.
I would have to say that I'm a big fan of Omega brushes. They are not as luxurious as the top brands but they are well made and the hairs don't come out. I like them because the badger brushes are somewhat less soft (but still soft) so they do a great job at mobilizing hard soap pucks.
http://www.omegabrush.com/english/dabarba/oggetto.php?id=142
This brush was an unexpected surprise, as when I purchased it from ebay, I thought it was a Boar brush. I was brand new to wet shaving then and just thought I had a very good brush. Eventually I got a EJ Best Badger and still kept using the Omega in the rotation. I just kept thinking what a very good brush it was, until one night I'm poking around on the Omega site and find out it is a Badger brush! The light bulb came on as why I like it so much! This brush is a great value. It has a nice feel, very soft but firm enough to face lather. holds a ton of water and will make great lather with anything, even William's! I have large hands and the handle is very comfortable and heavy. This is a solid brush that does not shed, with a very well balanced feel. If I had to start over tomorrow with all new shaving equipment and could only have one brush, this is the one I would have [sorry EJ].

It has "Pura Setola" on the handle, if that helps.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)