What's new

My Parker Black Badger Shaving Brush Review

I've had this brush for a couple weeks now. Up to this point the experience has been fantastic. The reviews I read for the brush were mostly positive and I haven't been disappointed.

First off, the brush appears to be well made. The brush has a fairly solid feel and the knot is glued in well. I have lost about a 5-10 hairs. None of these have been in the last couple of shaves so I think the hair loss was just in the initial break in period. The knot is a nice density and it has bloomed nicely. I really like the ergonomics of the brush and it feels the right size in my hand. I have a few brushes that feel a little too small and some that are too big. I would say this one feels the perfect size out of all my brushes. The loft is just the right length so that it's not floppy. It maintains a decent stiffness so that you can really work your beard into shape before you attack it with a blade.

The best thing I like about this brush is the scrubbiness of the tips. They are actually a bit scratchy. This is what I like in a brush. My beard is heavy and I have found the smoothness of my shave is directly proportional to the scrubbiness of my brush. This brush has delivered one great shave after another, close and smooth. It really preps my beard. I've had less weepers with this brush than the last brush I was using. Also, no shaving bumps since the brush hairs really exfoliate and pull the whiskers out so they are cut above the skin.

The lather created by the brush is top notch. It produces a rich and creamy lather and is big enough to hold enough lather for multiple passes. The price is good for what you get, but there are many comparable brushes for around the same price so by no means would I say this is the most affordable brush out there.

Overall, great exfoliation and rich, creamy lather equals close smooth shaves with no nicks or bumps. I couldn't be happier with this brush and I could honestly see using this brush as my only one from here on out.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)