What's new

Moss Scuttle

Have been using my new Moss Scuttle for over a week, and I love it! I bought the larger version. At first I was whipping up my later in it, but when I did the lather was climbing al the way up the handle of my brush, so I switched to whipping up the lather in a bowl and scooping it into the scuttle. Much better system, though the lather doesn't get quite as hot. Still nice and warm, though.

This is the real thing - real hot lather real easy. Especially nice on cold Michigan mornings. Highly recommended.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
Dr. Moss worked with Sarah to develop this jewel, and I love it. When used as originally designed, it has totally improved the quality of my shaves.

The scuttle is not designed to be a bowl in which you generate your lather. True, many folks do this, but the intent of the design is to give you a place to park your brush while performing the actual shave. It is designed to keep both your brush and lather warm/hot. I have the large scuttle, and it does a perfect job. I don't use it much during the summer when the outside temp is hot, but using it during the winter...what a great piece of equipment. The only complaint I have is that I a fear of dropping it and having it shatter.

I use and enjoy my Moss Scuttle. Their are less expensive ways to accomplish this goal we have of hot lather, but I don't believe that any accomplish it with the class or quality of this piece.

Randy
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
4.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
I have the small scuttle, and it gets used absolutely every morning. Used as described above, keeps the lather warm for at least four passes.

The scuttle is exceptionally well made, a little art to anchor your morning ritual. If you take the plunge, you won't be disappointed.

-- Brian
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
What an absolute gem of a shaving accessory this is. I put my Savile 3824 and the Moss Scuttle in the sink, let it all fill up with very hot tap water while I took my shower.

Emptied it and filled it back up with hot water again. Began to build lather on my face, (which I really like doing) and put the lather filled brush in the top of the scuttle and made my first pass.

I couldn't believe how warm the brush and lather stayed when I lathered up for the second pass. My dad use to have one of those Schick Hot Lather machines and my lather was warmer than what use to come out of it, it felt great!

I dinged the Scuttle on price just a little, because for some it would be hard to justify the cost since you can get a 6" soup mug for under $10, but this scuttle might be worth the money to you because not only will you have hotter lather at your disposal, but because the scuttle doesn't have to stand in the sink filled with hot water, it saves some space while shaving too!

It's very solid, Sara didn't skip on material used, seems durable but I wouldn't test the handle too much, it's the weakest point of the scuttle, but very solid also.

I think it would be a little pain if you build lather in a mug and have to transfer it into the scuttle, not sure of how many would like having to do that because the top of the scuttle is large enough to freshen up the brush, but it wouldn't provide me with a deep enough bowl to whip up great lather, YMMV.

It's perfect if your building the lather on your face, did I say it really keeps your brush and lather nice and warm?:smile:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
4.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)