What's new

Merkur Vision

Item Description

Latest reviews

Pros: Ease of blade replacement and feels great in hand
Cons: Price, the head size and the coating is spotty in places
I switched to this while using a straight razor.First the pros. I love the way it feels in the hand, you know youre holding something even when wet. You can easily adjust it according to your stubble. Blade changing is a snap, just open drop out the old one and drop a new one in its that easy. Now the cons. It has a big head which makes shaving the upper lip a pain. The finish is spotty in places and mine IS taken care of. I was a lil flush so I spoiled myself a bit, it is expensive.
I would recommend it to an experienced DE shaver but not a person just switching from a disposable because it can be very, very aggressive.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
2.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
5.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
5.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Adjustable very close shave
Cons: Coating corrodes over time, expensive
Product been reviewed so many times, will try to add observational summary not to bore you guys to death.

1) Not first DE razor. It was my first, cut myself more times than I can remember. Almost quit DE shaving. After getting few other razors and mastered them, went back to Merkur and enjoyed it.

2) Haven't seen anything as aggressive. While weight and balance are nice, this thing if not adjusted carefully can be a monster. Used the same blade on this nd other razors, multiply sharpness x3. Figure it gives angles that are sadistically close to whomever dares.

3) Want to say quality made, for the mechanism at least perhaps, but I painstakingly took good care if it and yet every other week I see more corrosion on its metal. Not sure why since I wash and dry it thoroughly. Jury still out, but have a bad feeling this will turn ugly within a year's worth of occasional use.

4) Overall, think you'll get better and nicer looking razors for cheaper like Bluebeard Revenge (Dreadnought) or Muhle R116
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
1.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
5.00 star(s)
User Friendly
2.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
5.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
Pros: hefty, silo doors, adjustable from 0 to hero/fool.
Cons: none
I got mine for a birthday present and I couldn't be happier.
This thing is huge but balances really well in my hand.
After my second shave I had the big razor/top lip problem overcome by pulling my nose over to one side.

I haven't had any of the problems I'd read about on the web so consider my self fortunate, or they fixed the problems.

This giant is really adjustable from extremely mild to very, very aggressive.

It took me 3 or 4 days to get the adjustment right and I must admit you have to pay attention to the shaving angle.
But you can't half hear when it's correct, this thing sings when it cuts; just like a home run, you know it when you hear it kind of thing.

I love mine and it's a keeper.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
5.00 star(s)
User Friendly