What's new

Mama Bear's Custom Glycerin Bath Soap: Aged Spice

Item Description

MB's Aged Spice products are well liked (and deservedly so) for their similarity to the "old formula" Old Spice. I have the shave soap, the cologne, and the glycerin bath soap. This review covers the bath soap only. I recently used it as a shave soap when traveling, and it worked out very well. It could be a case of me wanting it to be true, but I thought it lathered just as well as my Aged Spice shave soap. I could only get the brush loaded with enough for 1 pass (I face lather), but I think that was due to the rectangular shape of the soap. I'm not in any hurry to replace my regular shaving soaps, but now I know that I can shave with this soap in a jiffy.

Price I gave it a 6 because at $30 for 8 bars, not including shipping, it's a little on the pricey side. That's $3.75 per bar, compared to an 8 pack of Irish Spring at Walgreens for $5.99 for 8, or about $1.30/bar. However, the quality of Irish Spring, or similar soaps, pales in comparison to Mama Bear's. I do think you get what you pay for, but if you just want a cheap soap then this isn't it.

Quality What can I say? Mama Bear makes great products. I am a 100%, unapologetic Mama Bear fan. This is certainly not a fancy soap in terms of shape or packaging, but it's a very moisturizing, easy lathering, great smelling soap. My only complaint is that the soap seems to wear down quickly. I go through a bar in about 2 or 3 weeks, whereas Irish Spring or Lever 2000 tends to last at least a month, if not 6-7 weeks for me.

Latherability I use a loofah sponge, which is probably the best lathering method, and I get thick, rich lather, much better than commercial bar soaps.

Moisturizing This soap leaves my skin feeling soft but not greasy. It's a glycerin soap, so obviously it's going to be pretty moisturizing. I used it all winter and never once felt dry or itchy.

Scent I love the Aged Spice scent because it smells like the original Old Spice. However, you can get this soap in just about any EO or fragrance oil she has. You could even get it unscented, or with added cocoa butter or Aloe Vera. Really, the sky is the limit here. You can also choose the color of the soap as well.

Efficacy It's a good smelling, easy lathering soap that leaves you clean and doesn't dry out your skin. What more do you need?

Packaging The soaps come individually wrapped in plastic, shipped in a brown box. It is what it is, neither good or bad. But I don't really care about packaging so I gave it a neutral rating.

Overall, this is a fantastic soap from a great company. If you've got a shave soap from MB's in a scent you like, I'd recommend trying it in the glycerin bath soap.

Latest reviews

MB's Aged Spice products are well liked (and deservedly so) for their similarity to the "old formula" Old Spice. I have the shave soap, the cologne, and the glycerin bath soap. This review covers the bath soap only. I recently used it as a shave soap when traveling, and it worked out very well. It could be a case of me wanting it to be true, but I thought it lathered just as well as my Aged Spice shave soap. I could only get the brush loaded with enough for 1 pass (I face lather), but I think that was due to the rectangular shape of the soap. I'm not in any hurry to replace my regular shaving soaps, but now I know that I can shave with this soap in a jiffy.

Price I gave it a 6 because at $30 for 8 bars, not including shipping, it's a little on the pricey side. That's $3.75 per bar, compared to an 8 pack of Irish Spring at Walgreens for $5.99 for 8, or about $1.30/bar. However, the quality of Irish Spring, or similar soaps, pales in comparison to Mama Bear's. I do think you get what you pay for, but if you just want a cheap soap then this isn't it.

Quality What can I say? Mama Bear makes great products. I am a 100%, unapologetic Mama Bear fan. This is certainly not a fancy soap in terms of shape or packaging, but it's a very moisturizing, easy lathering, great smelling soap. My only complaint is that the soap seems to wear down quickly. I go through a bar in about 2 or 3 weeks, whereas Irish Spring or Lever 2000 tends to last at least a month, if not 6-7 weeks for me.

Latherability I use a loofah sponge, which is probably the best lathering method, and I get thick, rich lather, much better than commercial bar soaps.

Moisturizing This soap leaves my skin feeling soft but not greasy. It's a glycerin soap, so obviously it's going to be pretty moisturizing. I used it all winter and never once felt dry or itchy.

Scent I love the Aged Spice scent because it smells like the original Old Spice. However, you can get this soap in just about any EO or fragrance oil she has. You could even get it unscented, or with added cocoa butter or Aloe Vera. Really, the sky is the limit here. You can also choose the color of the soap as well.

Efficacy It's a good smelling, easy lathering soap that leaves you clean and doesn't dry out your skin. What more do you need?

Packaging The soaps come individually wrapped in plastic, shipped in a brown box. It is what it is, neither good or bad. But I don't really care about packaging so I gave it a neutral rating.

Overall, this is a fantastic soap from a great company. If you've got a shave soap from MB's in a scent you like, I'd recommend trying it in the glycerin bath soap.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)