What's new

Lucky Tiger Molle

D
If you really want a nice quick shave... you can't beat this stuff, and i have tried everything you can imagine.

doesn't dry up, smooth, great shave, great protection... huge tub.

I love it, so I say go for it anyone.

don't use a brush.:drool:
I can get a 16 oz. tub for $7.99 locally. It lasts me about three months.

It feels a bit strange at first, due to a slight tingle on the skin. The consistency is waxy at first. I stir it a little in the tub to loosen it up and give it a lighter, whipped feel and it is much easier to work with.

The scent is very light and medicinal. Not great, not terrible, and it fades quickly so as not to interfere with any scents you may add later.

What this product lacks in perceived luxury, it makes up for in results. It is very moisturizing and performs very well with lots of water. Since it's brushless, you can reapply with your hand as you go, getting instant feedback on your progress. This allows you to touch up as you go.

This cream shines with its moisturizing capability. In this dry winter weather, my face still feels great, even after a so-so shave. Some may even be able to forego the after shave balm if they use this.

Get some Molle now and give it a fair chance. You won't regret it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I'm sorry to have to be in a position to resurrect this thread, but I added Lucky Tiger Molle as a "what the heck" item on a recent large order. I've got several of the other LT products (the wonderful bergemot-scented ones that were bought and repackaged by Nordstrom). I know the Molle is the "other" LT line but wanted to try it anyway.

I'm not sure what I'd expected, but on opening the large tub I was greeted by something that looked like Crisco and smelled very unpleasant. When I scooped some of the Molle out, it crumbled and came out in chunks, but quickly turned to a thin lather on my face. I tried and tried to get a better lather, but it gummed up in my two day growth.

Ah well, I thought, here goes nothing. With a fresh Swede in my HD, I went for it. A bit of tugging, and a definite drag discerned. Splashed more water on my face but got the same results. Here comes a big mistake: I scooped a huge chunk into my mug and tried to whip up a lather. OK, I get it; this stuff is brushless and refuses to whip.

So... Rewet my face until it was dripping, tried a smaller amount of Molle, and was rewarded by a very thin lather. This time, I was able to get thru the thicket on my face with a minimum of pain. Hmmmm... Relathered for pass #2, and all was well. By the time I'd done my third, ATG pass, I didn't have any problems.

The end result was a fairly decent shave, with no more and no less moisturizing qualities than anything else. No nicks, no weepers, and no irritation. I only paid $6 for a rather large tub so it's a pretty good deal. Overall, though, I HATE the smell (worse than Noxema) and prefer a thick lather rather than the typical thin brushless lathers. Yes, I got a pretty decent shave, but the Molle is going in my cabinet of shame anyway.
I bought a tub of this stuff and was not impressed. I tried using it as a preshave before lathering, which is a suggested use, and this was a failure as it interfered with the lather and left a slight residue on my brush. I tried it as a brushless cream and while it provided an adequate shave it gave me no desire to keep using it when there are so many great products around. It has a chemical smell which I personally thought was, well, nasty. It comes in a large tub, but you need it if you want to use it as a shave cream as I found that it took quite a bit to get good coverage. I would most definitely not recommend this product to anyone with even slightly sensitive skin as it gave me a slight burning sensation during and after use. I really wanted to like this product. I had purchased a set of the new Lucky Tiger shave that came with face wash, shave cream/lotion, moisturizer (ASB) and a very nice skin tonic and was hoping that this would complement the set. Man was I wrong. The label is different so I should have known that these products have nothing common outside of the name. The new Lucky Tiger products are great. Unfortunately, this one was lousy for me and I gave the tub to my brother to see if he liked it with the suggestion that he toss it out if he didn't.
It's the best performing shave product I've used. It softens and lubricates like no other. Best used with lots of water - slather it on a dripping wet face and add water as you rub it in. Makes for an incredibly smooth and effortless shave. And the big pay off is it leaves my skin amazingly soft afterwards.

The scent is not great by any means. It's not downright disgusting like the Taylor cologne cream scents or Gilledge gels, but it ain't pleasant. It is blessedly weak though and does not linger on the face -it won't compete with post shave products.

I gave it a 0 for lather as it's brushless.
I purchased a tub from charles at QED. The stuff is okay. I do have a problem with the SCENT but othat than that the stuff works.
I used molle for the first time today ... great price, about $8 for 15oz from qed. The scent takes a little getting used to, but it isn't bad; just not what one might be used to for a shaving cream. The cream itself is loose/runny, more like a lotion and must be used brushless and you will use more of it then you are accustomed to for brush creams.

One of the best shaves of my wet shaving life so far... I will probably never get a true BBS neck, but I got darn close this morning. No nicks or irritation. This will be a "go to" cream when I'm rushed in the morning, I think. But, I like the whole lathering and brush ritual too much to go brushless for good.

It was a little drying to my face, but less so than some of the English creams that we all love.

I haven't tried it yet for bodyshaving (as mentioned on the qed site) -- I bodybuild a little -- but I expect equally good results.

Just to update my review above: I used some Molle today for a bodybuilder shave (ie: just about everything, not just the face) and in a word, awesome! ABBS and not so much as a nick. I will admit tho that I used a Gillette Good News disposable for this (just not brave enough to try it with a DE).

Oh, and I've figured out the scent: light camphor. Reminds me of a mild version of the Noxema beauty cream my grandmother used to use.
Hello cooncatbob,

Molle (French for margarine I believe) is strictly a brushless cream. That's why you had a lackluster performance trying to use a brush. Yes, it probably did gum up your bristles a fair bit.

The scent isn't offensive, but does take getting used to.

It does a fair job as a brushless, but there are better ones available.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX
The worst shaving cream in the history of mankind. It's runny, I could get it to make any lather even by beating it with a brush. Not only that but it left a residue on my brush and I had to wash it several time with regular shaving soaps to get it out. It also smells bad. A waste of $7.75.
:biggrin:

Good stuff, Maynard!

Keeps my face from getting beat up, even when I'm in a hurry.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)