What's new

Lord Emofresh Shaving Cream

Item Description

Just for the heck of it, I picked up a tube of this Egyptian shaving cream while on vacation in Alexandria. (Lord's factory is located there.) This must be the lowest point of their entire manufacturing line. The smell is overwhelmingly of old gym socks. The lather is nothing great, although I must admit that it worked. I suppose I can imagine having worse things smeared over my face, but this is definitely the worst I've had in a long time. There's no good reason to buy this stuff, even in Egypt where Lord has both domestic (the Eva Co.'s ManLook) and international (Nivea FTW!) competition.

:thumbdown

Latest reviews

Pros: rich lather,easy glide, traditional scent
Cons: small 55g tube
Lord cream is great, small amount gives enough rich lather for 2-3 pass shave and very nice smell, one big problem, only sold in small 55 grams,otherwise its a great value.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap, nicely-scented, and rich lather
Cons: Small tube
Except for this tube being so small, I'd say I'm very satisfied with the cream. It has a very pleasant scent with great lather which remains perfectly stable throughout the shave. The menthol effect is nice as well - not strong, but still noticeable enough. Where I live this cream sells for under 2 bucks. Cheap, huh?
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap, Easy to Lather, Heaps of Glide
Cons: Tube only 55 grams
I found this product at my local supermarket (Adonis). I took a tube as I thought it might be similar to Ingrams shave cream. Both have menthol and both are made in Egypt. I was surprised to see that a disposable razor was included with the cream. Well, it's not the same, I find Lord to be less powdery than Ingrams. It also contains less menthol. I would probably put it around Proraso for the menthol.

The cream was a charm to work with. I always got thick and slick lather out of the tube. I face lather every morning and did not get any issues.

The only down side that I can see is that my tube is almost finished. It will be finished a bit too quickly.

Bottom line, it's a good product that works well. If you are unsure, I would recommend that you give it a try and see for yourself.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)