What's new

Knize Ten

Item Description

Introduced in 1927 by Joseph Knize of Vienna, purveyor to the royal court.

Top notes: bergamot, lemon, orange, petitgrain, rosemary.
Middle notes: geranium, cedar, rose, orris, carnation, cinnamon, sandalwood.
Base notes: leather, moss, amber, castoreum, vanilla.

This stuff is potent! If you give yourself 2 or 3 close squirts from the atomizer you are likely to be in the shower a couple of hours later trying to scrub it off. I’ve finally settled on a single spray, directed towards myself at arms length, and then a gentle stroll into the mist. Each time I do this I am tempted to spray some more, as I can’t smell it at first. Experience has taught me that multiple sprays is a mistake I will soon regret. After an hour the scent will have blossomed, and will be quite evident. The staying power is great, it will last all day. Knize Ten exhibits a great longevity for a composition that preceded most of today’s long-lived synthetic additives.

The price of a bottle of Knize Ten should be considered in light of the fact that you will probably use much less in a single application than you are accustomed to applying for other colognes.

I get tobacco, citrus, and very light floral notes from Knize Ten at first, morphing into a fine dry leather. The leather reminds me of an old suitcase or steamer trunk that has been used to transport elegant attire to exotic locations around the world. Lightly applied, Kinze Ten is appropriate for both formal and informal wear. Give it 2 or more squirts and it moves into the formal category, good for evening wear. At this level it is quite bold and “in your face,” although not unpleasant. Knize Ten is always elegant, but at the lighter levels is consistent with blue jeans and a leather jacket. As you amp up the volume, the elegance quickly moves into the formal realm.

The discussion thread for this review is here. If you don't want to rate the product please post in the discussion thread so as not to skew the review scores.

Latest reviews

My nose is probably not sophisticated enough for a detailed review but this is one of my all time favorite scents. Very powerful so be careful. I get compliments each time I wear it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
wow, this is a very classy manly scent and has become one of my favorites. it has leather and sandlewood that permeates from my pores like the steam off a hot road after the rain has fallen. it has a depth like no other that makes me want to take deep breath after deap breath where i almost pass out. an all time classic.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Top notes: citric and fresh with petit grain, orange, lemon, rosemary and bergamot.
Middle notes: is the woody with cedar, patchouli and sandalwood, and floral - spicy with rose, iris, carnation, cinnamon and clove,
Base notes: leather base contains castor oil, ambergris, musk and moss.

Interesting smell. The first thing I noticed was that it reminded me of brussel sprouts. I think this is due to the sandalwood and leather working with the rose and rosemary. The large sillage gives off an image of an old powdery leather chair. It's definitely unique and it's obviously like Kouros in that some will love and some will hate. I'm actually on the fence. I like it well enough but I prefer Habit Rouge but if someone wants something even more masculine than Habit Rouge this would be it. It all mingles well together and I can guarantee most people won't smell like you.

Brussel sprout leather. :lol:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Howard
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
0.21 star(s) 24 ratings

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from Howard

Top Bottom