What's new

Knize Ten

My nose is probably not sophisticated enough for a detailed review but this is one of my all time favorite scents. Very powerful so be careful. I get compliments each time I wear it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
wow, this is a very classy manly scent and has become one of my favorites. it has leather and sandlewood that permeates from my pores like the steam off a hot road after the rain has fallen. it has a depth like no other that makes me want to take deep breath after deap breath where i almost pass out. an all time classic.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Top notes: citric and fresh with petit grain, orange, lemon, rosemary and bergamot.
Middle notes: is the woody with cedar, patchouli and sandalwood, and floral - spicy with rose, iris, carnation, cinnamon and clove,
Base notes: leather base contains castor oil, ambergris, musk and moss.

Interesting smell. The first thing I noticed was that it reminded me of brussel sprouts. I think this is due to the sandalwood and leather working with the rose and rosemary. The large sillage gives off an image of an old powdery leather chair. It's definitely unique and it's obviously like Kouros in that some will love and some will hate. I'm actually on the fence. I like it well enough but I prefer Habit Rouge but if someone wants something even more masculine than Habit Rouge this would be it. It all mingles well together and I can guarantee most people won't smell like you.

Brussel sprout leather. :lol:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
KNIZE TEN...what can we say about this masterpiece, created by two great noses, Vincent Roubert ( the man who created the legendary IRIS GRIS for the house of Jacques Fath ) and François Coty the man who invented the modern perfumery?
I was introduced to Knize ten from all the fan fare on this board and quickly ordered a sample of the EdT and AS.

First application of the EdT and it was love at first scent. Alright, maybe not at first whiff as it has a petro smell initially, but quickly dies down into leather notes that stay throughout, not really changing. And stay indeed as this stuff lasts 10+ hours on me.

Pricewise I paid $110 for the 125mL bottle, which is a little on the high end for me, but definitely worth it for what may be one of my absolute favorite scents.

Definitely a try before you buy scent though.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I received a sample vial and fell in love with this scent from the start. All the women I work with ask me what I'm wearing and how much they like it. I have been wanting to get a bottle and finally Lucky Scent got some and I oredered right away. For $65 I think it's good buy because a little goes a long way.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Price: I purchased a 125 mL bottle at a Manufactum in Frankfurt, Germany for €74, which comes out to about $96. This is less than Creed, Penhaligon's, etc., but more than the department store stuff. I think the price is very reasonable, considering everything, especially the staying power.

Quality: I can tell this is not your average department store cologne. The scent and staying power really define the quality.

Packaging: There is not much to say here. You get the standard box with cardboard.

Scent: I love the smell of Knize Ten. On some days I get more of an incense note and on other days it is more leather. This is definitely a unique scent.

Complexity: I gave this a seven because on my skin all I get is citrus and then a sweet leather. That does not seem too complex to me.

Staying Power: This lasts about eight hours on me. This sure beats the pants off of any Creed cologne and most Penhaligon's, further showing how reasonably Knize Ten is priced.

Quality of Atonomizer: It sprays. Yay!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
BarryR;1138911 said:
I'd been wanting to try this for a year and bought a decant. I love complex, woody and not sweet fragrances. I find myself sniffing my wrist all day and trying to 'figure out' what I'm smelling. This is now one of my favorites.

Just wondering ... where did you get the decant?
I'd been wanting to try this for a year and bought a decant. I love complex, woody and not sweet fragrances. I find myself sniffing my wrist all day and trying to 'figure out' what I'm smelling. This is now one of my favorites.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
I'm a big fan of Knize Ten (wearing it today actually), although I had to warm up to it at first because it's so different from everything else out there. It is strong and masculine - leathery, smokey - a little too dense if you apply too much of it. Although many gents see this as strictly a suit and tie type of scent, to me it's acceptable for formal or informal fair. . . I highly recommend it
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
I had a decant of this stuff - wore it twice and then gave it away.

I got nothing but negative comments from co-workers on this and just plain didn't like it.

Its definitely a quality scent, but one that falls into the "love it or hate it" category.

Definitely worth a try if you can get a sample or decant.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
This is another frag that I bought solely on reviews here on B&B. Starts of petrol-chemical then quickly dries down to a warm leather scent, which hours later(7-8) turns a little leathery-sweet. Very powerful scent indeed, it definitely is not for everybody. It has a place in my rotation.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Fantastic perfume : very long staying power, wonderful scent (reminds me of Chanel perfume but can't remember which one). Very classic scent. My wife loves it....
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
One of the longest lasting scents I own, usually going on until I shower the following morning. A little bit does me just fine, too much and I start sneezing!

My initial take on first application ever was, "My goodness, a mixture of gasoline and stale beer!" But then almost immediately the scent bloomed into something very masculine and very refined. I have had compliments from the ladies on it, which makes me happy.

Definitely a love/hate scent. Do try it out before you buy if you at all can, I would not recommend blindly picking this one up over the Internet.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Knize is definitely a love/hate kind of frangrance that must be sampled before being purchased. I have the good fortune of living relatively close to NYC so I was able to try it out at Bergdorf's. The one big recommendation I will make: buy it in A/S strength. The EdT is way too strong, plus I find it easier to control the dosage with a splash top. This is one of my favorite cool weather fragrances. It is masculine in every sense of the word. I get rubber, leather, and castoreum upon application. As it dries down it becomes more complex with deeper leather and tobacco notes. When used with a light touch it is one of those scent that people (read: women) will inquire about. When overdone it will have them running for the door.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Great stuff! Various comments I read here got me to buy some, and I love it. It's not soft and candy-like, as so many recently-issued colognes are; it's angular and has a real edge to it. Wearing this makes me feel like I mean business. Maybe not first choice for snuggle-bunnies on a first date, but otherwise I love it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Well, to begin with I really didn't care for this one at all. I never got leather and it seemed too old fashioned for me. Well, I kept at it and one day it just worked. As simple as that. Right now, I'm contemplating wether this fragrance might even make my top 5 (I own about 50 and have tried many, many more) or not. I think it will. Every single time I try it my love seem to reach new heights and new facettes are shown... It is ultra complex and always has a new twist in store. :thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I received some Knize Ten for Christmas. I was a very lucky boy!!!

This scent is incredible. The first day I wore it (one spray), I intially smelled a hint of tobacco when it was first applied. After that, it was somewhat floral. Now, after wearing it many times I am beginning to become aware of its complexities and nuances. Nothing I can put into precise words, but sometimes it is a little musky, others (like tonight) I am reminded of leather cricket balls!! However, I think that my limited vocabulary for Colognes is doing this scent a disservice.

Astounding cologne.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
This is one of my personal favorites. It smells very different all throughout the day....starts off strong (in a good way), and mellows out through the day to finish off very pleasant.

Goes very well with a football jersey.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I recognize the quality of this scent, but its just not for me. I don't ever get the "fine leather" drydown that so many others have reported. On me it smells heavily of powder and rubber/vinyl/camphor (the closest thing I can compare it to is "new car smell" - great for new cars, but not as a personal scent). Longevity is tremendous, and I'll second the recommendation not to overdo. 1-2 sprays max.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)