What's new

Kiehl's Lite Flite Shave Cream for the Brush

Item Description

Let me start off by saying that this cream was a birthday present from mom. She knew that I had gotten in to this whole wet shaving thing, so she thought of me when she saw the Kiehl's shaving cream and saw it was designed for use with a brush. So, thanks mom!

Before I even tried the cream I searched around B&B to see if anyone had tried it and was disappointed to find that the Lite Flite isn't the most popular cream, and the few people that had talked about it weren't too happy. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I first tried the cream and actually liked it.

It does have menthol in it, and you can feel the chill, but it's no where near as cooling as, say, Proraso. The top of the tub also mentions lavender though I cannot pick out the lavender smell. There's also mention of camphor, but I don't know what camphor is supposed to smell like, so I can't comment on that part. The overall smell of the cream isn't the greatest, rather medicinal really. But I wasn't as turned off as I was when I first smelled Palmolive.

The lather that I get isn't near as pretty as with other fine creams. The nice peaks just aren't there. But it does produce more than enough for my needs. It is kind of strange in that the lather seems to disappear between passes as my bowl sits in the sink filled with warm water. However, a few swirls of the brush brings it right back. None of the other creams I've tried behave in this manner, so its rather strange to me.

The shave is more than acceptable. I feel like it protects my skin and leaves it moisturized after the shave. It may feel as nice on my face as, say, C&E SAO, but it certainly does the job.

Ingredients? It has a lot, I think. I won't pretend to know what any of them are (except for water!), so I just took pictures of the list to show off.

I don't necessarily think that the Lite Flite cream is a best-in-class product, but I don't think it's the worst either. Overall, I'm pretty happy with my birthday present :cool1:

The top of the tub:
displayimage.php

Left side of the ingredients list:
displayimage.php

Right side of the ingredients list:
displayimage.php

The directions:
displayimage.php

Latest reviews

Jeez, I don't know why this stuff gets such terrible reviews but here goes.

I honestly don't think the smell is that bad. I certainly don't smell anything on my face after I'm done shaving. Smells like menthol.

This lather is about as thick as peanut butter. It's different than anything I've used. I wouldn't say it lathers great in that it expands with air etc... it's like a very very thick cream. It does give you a cold feeling due to the menthol and camphor, which feels like Noxzema on your face. I know some people like that, me not so much. (also should mention, the rest of the Kiehls line while still moisterizing, some also without camphor/mentol, their lather sucks terribly. It's more like shaving with a watery lotion, and they're all brushless; not to say they don't work though.)

Moisterizes very well, just like all of Kiehls shaving creams.

Ingredient list is not very friendly if you're a skeptic but I don't think most people are. It's not for me, but I would imagine it would be for a lot of other people.

In summary, if you like menthol/camphor, like your lather as thick as peanut butter, and aren't a minimalist with ingredients... this stuff works very well.

I didn't rate packaging because I think it is absolutely irrelevant.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I too found this creame difficult to lather, scent was also poor.

Brought in House of Frazer and therefore was expensive £16. I prefer alternatives and would not buy again due to cost and lack of lather and scent.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
My favorite with a straight razor.

Item information

Added by
perry
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Shaving Creams (Reviews)

More from perry

• Zirh Shave Gel
    This is for the Zirh Shave Gel product. Mine came in a 100mL tube...
Top Bottom