What's new

Jack Daniel's Single Barrel

Item Description

I'm surprised that nobody reviewed this item... It's one fine drop! I keep a bottle in the bar as I love drinking this one neat.

At 45%, you need to go easy on this but it's surprisingly smooth! I almost finished my 3rd bottle of Single Barrel and know this one will be a regular. A lot of caramel and vanilla, very smooth, not smoky at all. I would not say it's a very complex Whiskey but it has a nice range of flavours. I probably lack some experience in tasting my spirits.

The only bummer is the price! A bit pricey compared to other JD products. However, I think it's worth it! One perfect 10 on packaging as I love an hold fashion glass bottle with a wooden cork!

I prefer that one over Marker's Mark and Woodford Reserve.

Latest reviews

Being from Tennessee I am proud to have this product coming from my fine state. I get the ducks unlimited bottle every year like one of the previous reviewer. The thing about JD single barrel is no two barrels taste the same so if you get bottles from two different barrels they will taste different. But every bottle I have gotten has been excellent quality and taste. The single barrel product is selected by the master distiller and master taster panel. A person can also Buy a barrel and have it packaged with their name or organization on it (like Ducks Unlimited).Umm B&B JD Single Barrel????? Neat or with ice is the only way to drink/sip this product NO MIXING ALLOWED:nono:.

Also if you find yourself Driving through Tennessee it is worth it to take a tour of the distillery. They take you and show you every step they take in the process. Oh yeah and the tour is FREE :thumbup:
Aroma
4.00 star(s)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Value
4.00 star(s)
Flavor
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
This is a fine libation! I've done a bottle every Christmas for the past 4 years. That time of year the limited edition bottles come out. I get the ducks unlimited set usually with glasses and $5 goes to Ducks.

Pricey? a bit... but no more than a bottle of Bakers.

Character abounds!!! Heavy caramel note, great earthy mineral nose and a bit of a warm finish.

If you enjoy American Whiskey this is a well refined lovely "gentlemans" beverage. Many characters the like of Knob Creek or Bulliet Bourbons.

Well worth having in the cabinet for and elegent glass with gentlemen.
Aroma
4.00 star(s)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Value
4.00 star(s)
Flavor
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Hmmm. I didn't really like this one too much. A little too much sweetness for me. I'll stick with woodford and wild turkey for my bourbon fixes.

Item information

Added by
Luc
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Consumables (Reviews)

• Glendrostan Blended Scotch Whisky
    A humble review of a scotch whisky that is blended from a recipe prior...
  • Silver Bayou Rum
    "Silver Bayou Rum is proofed with triple filtered fresh water...
  • [Shiraz]
    There are several different varieties of this from Rosemont Estate...
  • Choklat
    A chocolate stout that tastes like chocolate. A rich stout that tastes...
  • Blue Cap
    Brewed in Belgium by Trappist Monks. Bold, Full Bodied, Sweet, and...

More from Luc

Top Bottom