What's new

Hanae Mori H.M.

Item Description

Hanae Mori is best known as a fashion designer. She's prominent in the design world and started a line of fragrances.

H.M. is her only scent for men. Basenotes' scent pyramid for it is:

Top Notes: Lemon, Lavender, Blackcurrant, Green notes,

Middle Notes: Iris, Jasmine, Muguet, Bulgarian Rose,

Base Notes: Moss, Vanilla, Tonka Bean, Cedarwood, Chocolate, Amber​

My experience with it is that it begins with a very strong and sweet vanilla. After an hour, I rinsed it off under cool water. That made a tremendous difference.

Suddenly, I had a complex scent and could pick out the black currant, cedar and rose. There was a spiciness to it that was very nice, too. I thought it was cardamom, but it's not an ingredient. I did not get any of the lemon, chocolate, or green notes.

Other folks have reported that it smells like a chocolate sundae on them, overpowering vanilla, or has a strong sweetness. Perhaps rinsing off with water after applying reduces those notes.

The scent does have staying power. While it lasted 24 hours, it also evolved. The cedar notes and spice were more apparent during the middle (4-6 hours after applying). After that, it was mostly a sweet (but not overpowering) and cedar combination that was nice.

H.M. falls more into the evening category of male scents. Not sure it's one I'd wear to the office.

The packaging was nothing extraordinary. It was secure and protected - what packaging is supposed to do. The bottle cap fits very securely - it takes some effort to remove and replace.

This was an impulse buy. $45 at Loehmann's (usually goes for around $70). I'm not disappointed with the scent. But would not have spent $70 on it.

The atomizer is fine.

Latest reviews

Hanae Mori is best known as a fashion designer. She's prominent in the design world and started a line of fragrances.

H.M. is her only scent for men. Basenotes' scent pyramid for it is:

Top Notes: Lemon, Lavender, Blackcurrant, Green notes,

Middle Notes: Iris, Jasmine, Muguet, Bulgarian Rose,

Base Notes: Moss, Vanilla, Tonka Bean, Cedarwood, Chocolate, Amber​

My experience with it is that it begins with a very strong and sweet vanilla. After an hour, I rinsed it off under cool water. That made a tremendous difference.

Suddenly, I had a complex scent and could pick out the black currant, cedar and rose. There was a spiciness to it that was very nice, too. I thought it was cardamom, but it's not an ingredient. I did not get any of the lemon, chocolate, or green notes.

Other folks have reported that it smells like a chocolate sundae on them, overpowering vanilla, or has a strong sweetness. Perhaps rinsing off with water after applying reduces those notes.

The scent does have staying power. While it lasted 24 hours, it also evolved. The cedar notes and spice were more apparent during the middle (4-6 hours after applying). After that, it was mostly a sweet (but not overpowering) and cedar combination that was nice.

H.M. falls more into the evening category of male scents. Not sure it's one I'd wear to the office.

The packaging was nothing extraordinary. It was secure and protected - what packaging is supposed to do. The bottle cap fits very securely - it takes some effort to remove and replace.

This was an impulse buy. $45 at Loehmann's (usually goes for around $70). I'm not disappointed with the scent. But would not have spent $70 on it.

The atomizer is fine.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Hoos
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from Hoos

Top Bottom