What's new

Gillette Slim Handle Adjustable

Item Description

This is my favorite razor..I have 4 and 2 Fat Boys. I like the weight and balance of this razor. It does give that head heavy feeling that allows you to let the razor do the shaving without pressure. The handle length is just right not too long not too short. This razor is of the same quality as it's older brother, it is extremely well made and they can be found easily. They are very affordable, you can find them between $10 to $20. And as low as $1.00!!!! I did. I like the fact that I can adjust the blade to my comfort level, a feature I find appealing since I have 6 adjustables. I consistently achieve great shaves with the Slim. This is my daily razor.

Rafael

Latest reviews

Pros: grip, adjustability
Cons: unable to adjust while shaving
So far this is my 2nd favorite adjustable after my Super Speed. The grip feels nice, the aggressiveness of the settings match the Super and it has a decent weight (not as heavy as the Fat Boy, or so it felt). My biggest beef is that I cannot adjust the Slim (or Fat Boy) while the razor is closed, my Super can adjust up and down in mid stroke if I had the dexterity and interest. All in all, a great razor and has taken its place in regular rotation now.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
4.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Well engineered, great weight
Cons: none
Scored a birth year 1963 Gillette Slim Adjustable off ebay, got it from a person who restores them, this one looked like it was brand new. Awesome shaver, and the adjustments really do work. Used a '49 no-code Super Speed for last 3 years, found the Slim Adjustable to be the same as the SS at #3. Went up to #5 for all three passes for a BBS and no irritation (of course great blades also count here, using Gillette Super Platinum and India Swords). Great all around adjustable razor, great balance, good heft. Will prolly be my go to from now on forever.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
5.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
5.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Adjustability, nice weight and size
Cons: Cleanup
The Gillette Slim Adjustable is a great razor that delivers a smooth comfortable shave (sorry for the cliché, but can't say it any better). The weight is a great balance between heavier stainless steel razors and lighter aluminum or pot metal ones. The adjustment feature lets you dial in the perfect blade gap and even change it during your shave. Blade replacement is easy.

There are only two downsides I can see with this razor. One is that it might not be aggressive enough for some. The other is that cleaning the razors takes a little longer than with 3 piece models, shaving soap and stubble can get caught in it.

At current prices most of the Gillette adjustables are cheaper than modern models and have held up quite well. If you're thinking about getting an adjustable I would start with the Gillette Slim.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
5.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)