What's new

Dax Wax Washable Styling Wax

Item Description

I'd not seen this product until pretty recently, but i'm glad i did. When i used to sport a mohawk, i swore by the red Dax Wax for styling. I still believe that in terms of sheer holding ability, it's second-to-none. The problem is, i wash my hair daily and Wave & Groom simply does not wash out for me, and it leaves my hair feeling a little "gummed up." Dax Washable, however, pretty much does exactly what it says on it's sexy silver tin. It couldn't be easier to use, either. On damp or dry hair, put a snurdle on dry fingertips, warm it up, then apply - standard wax/putty procedure.

OK, the hold isn't exactly as vice-like as Wave & Groom, but it's still very good. Mohawks, spikes and more traditional styles are easily obtained and long lasting. Despite the fact that the wax doesn't sweat out in hot weather or run out in rain, it shampoo's out very easily and doesn't dry my hair out afterwards.

The scent isn't as perfume-y as Wave & Groom and it's generally a little less stiff on the fingertips, but this means you don't have to spend 10 minutes washing your hands to get rid of it after application.

The packaging is the classic Dax metal tin, only in a silver finish. It might not have the funky art of, say, a Murray's Pomade tin, but i think it looks great, and is useful for storing used DE blades when empty!

Price - 3 to 4 British pounds here, or i believe it's around the $5 in the US. Basically - cheap for the level of quality. A tin lasts me about 6 weeks and i have moderately long, thick and heavily styled hair.

If you have short-to-medium length hair and are looking for a good styling wax which is easily washable, this is an absolute winner. It probably won't be as effective with long or very thick hair, but it's not really designed for that application.

Latest reviews

D
I've used many pomades,gels,creams over the years, and Dax Wax washable is the best. It holds very good, smells great, and rinses out with ease. I heard Layrite does all this too, but it costs $15 for a 4oz container. I paid $4 for a 3.5oz can of Dax. For me, this is the ultimate styling product. I sometimes wear a pomp or styled back with a part, but either way this Dax holds all day. It has a moderate shine, and it's not greasy like some pomades. Although its hold is strong, you can run your comb/brush through it at anytime to touch up unlike gels.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
I'd not seen this product until pretty recently, but i'm glad i did. When i used to sport a mohawk, i swore by the red Dax Wax for styling. I still believe that in terms of sheer holding ability, it's second-to-none. The problem is, i wash my hair daily and Wave & Groom simply does not wash out for me, and it leaves my hair feeling a little "gummed up." Dax Washable, however, pretty much does exactly what it says on it's sexy silver tin. It couldn't be easier to use, either. On damp or dry hair, put a snurdle on dry fingertips, warm it up, then apply - standard wax/putty procedure.

OK, the hold isn't exactly as vice-like as Wave & Groom, but it's still very good. Mohawks, spikes and more traditional styles are easily obtained and long lasting. Despite the fact that the wax doesn't sweat out in hot weather or run out in rain, it shampoo's out very easily and doesn't dry my hair out afterwards.

The scent isn't as perfume-y as Wave & Groom and it's generally a little less stiff on the fingertips, but this means you don't have to spend 10 minutes washing your hands to get rid of it after application.

The packaging is the classic Dax metal tin, only in a silver finish. It might not have the funky art of, say, a Murray's Pomade tin, but i think it looks great, and is useful for storing used DE blades when empty!

Price - 3 to 4 British pounds here, or i believe it's around the $5 in the US. Basically - cheap for the level of quality. A tin lasts me about 6 weeks and i have moderately long, thick and heavily styled hair.

If you have short-to-medium length hair and are looking for a good styling wax which is easily washable, this is an absolute winner. It probably won't be as effective with long or very thick hair, but it's not really designed for that application.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)