What's new

Creed Himalaya

Item Description

My second favorite cologne, second to Opus 1870. This is a scent I wear to mark special occasions, or just to make me feel very confident and happy.

The Creed website lists these as the notes: "Grapefruit, Bergamot, Mandarin and Lemon top notes with a heart of Cedar, Sandalwood and Vetiver and a base of Musk and Ambergris."

I don't get much of the grapefruit or mandarin, or lemon, etc. But I get a lot of cedar, a bit of bergamont and sandalwood, as well as Vetiver. It smells somewhat like Paco Rabanne XS, but the Himalaya is a much more complex scent.

Overall, this is a great cologne, and I highly recommend it.

Latest reviews

Pros: Nice kind of nondescript scent
Cons: Outrageously expensive
While I am not a "Fragrance Head" I do have a large collection (~30) from a few different perfume houses and designers. This has a pleasant all be it short lived (on me) scent, I can detect the citrus and musk in this juice, but the scent (to me at least) has no real identity. For the price it should have a little more personality.

The packaging is first rate, but the bottle looks chintzy with the cap off.

I agree with Featherweight, it does seem to be a teenagers fragrance.

Purchased at Winners (T. J. Max) a price of $200.00 for 120ml is quite expensive, but better than the list price of $350.00 in the great white north

This is my first Creed fragrance and given the relative value likely my last. I will stick to Penhaligons and Knize.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
Himalaya is an odd one. Some call it Creed's "teenager juice", as in it smells like the most youthful and friendly of all the masculine Creeds, but I disagree. Although it does smell amazing, I find it to be a serious and somewhat mature man frag. The key to understanding Himalaya is to see its components as two things:
  1. A fragrance within a fragrance, and . . .
  2. Green Irish Tweed without the green

In place of the green freshness of GIT is a very dry, grey, gunpowder accord that stands out prominently in the middle notes. This is like a little scent within a scent. The pink pepper explosion off the top of Himalaya mingles with some bitter citrus and then evolves into a smoky and cold soapiness. Then, when this interesting and ambiguous scent dries down, you get a fresh sandalwood, cedarwood, ambergris, and musk. Nice stuff. I'd say wear it if you feel confident in yourself, and you're not looking to knock women's socks off in a sexual way. Probably ideal for the self-assured 45-50 yr old guy who fishes on the weekends and gives the 20-something girl he works with sought-after advice on a regular basis. Definitely one of the better Creeds.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Top Notes: Grapefruit, bergamot from Calabria, lemon from Sicily
Middle Notes: Sandalwood
Base Notes: Musk, ambergris, cedarwood

This stays close to the skin. I can smell the grapefruit/citrus and bergamot up front. The sandalwood and musk round it out. It lasts about 4 hours. It's definitely a winter scent. Grapefruit keeps it fresh in contrast to the sandalwood. It kind of bounces around between a fresh clean scent and a woody incense smell. To me though I feel I would have to apply more. It reminds me of Green Valley a little in that the musk contrasts with the fresh smell. The waxiness of the ambergris shows up towards the drydown. It's definitely a chameleon of a scent in it's evolution. It's like an Ambergris Sandalwood Citrus Candle. Sandalwood lovers will really take to this one.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
rvbert0
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
0.43 star(s) 7 ratings

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from rvbert0

Top Bottom