What's new

Colonel Conk Almond

Item Description

I'm one of those people who has purchased about 9 soaps and 7 creams. From Proraso to "boutique" names featured here on B&B, I've tried most of the names.

However, to my shocking surprise, each time I come back to Conk's almond, I get a smooth and comfortable shave. Not the lime. Not the glycerine. Only the almond. Great shave to rival the higher priced "names" you see floating around.

And you can't be the price for a puck.

Latest reviews

Scent isvery sweet but when lathered it mellows out considerably. Very easy to get a great lather and the post shave feel is awesome. Been wet shaving for almost 2 years and this is probably my favorite thus far.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Quick Lathering
Got a sample of Col. Conk Almond with a Conk Bowl I purchased. I tried some of it and found it to be quick lathering, and creates a nice thick, somewhat cushioney lather. Low priced and a good soap for someone on a budget - just $1 more than Van Der Hagen.

It did irritate my face a little, but I had also shaved twice that day, so it might just be me.

Makes a good travel soap as well in it's small plastic container by itself.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Smell! Quick lather. Price.
I am very pleased with this soap. As other reviewers mentioned, it has a very sweet smell, which I think is excellent and much better than musky shaving scents we so often have the misfortune to encounter. This scent is warm and calming - you won't be able to get enough. Sometimes I open the package and take a whiff if I can't find an excuse to shave. It produces a very good lather - noth the thickest, perhaps, but at this price, it's a great soap. Highly recommeded.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)