What's new

Clinique Cream Shave

Item Description

Their Spin
Clinique markets CCS as "Razor glides over skin. Lubricant soothes and holds moisture to beard for clean, comfortable shave." My face finds this to be true, especially when followed up with Clinique ASB.

Price / Availability
CCS isn't sold in many Canadian stores. I purchased the 125 ml tube at Hudson's Bay Co for a reasonable $13. The website says it's also available at Sears. I've read that Shoppers Drug Mart carries it, but have yet to see it in any of their stores.

Pre-Shave Warning
I used it for 1 week with my trusty go-to routine of a pre-shave (Proraso pre-shave or Shea Butter/Olive Oil combo pre-shave), Merkur 38C, Derby blade, and Clinque ASB. Warning – if you use Proraso pre-shave with CCS, you will need water pressure from a fire hose to rinse your blade. The combination creates a sturdy paste that makes fully cured caulking look flimsy.

Quality / Efficacy
I find this a high quality product that allows me to experience great shaves (when not using Proraso pre-shave). My dry skin really appreciated the superior moisturizing abilities and felt great all day long.

Scent / Lather
Sadly, it is scent free. :thumbdown It is also really and truly a no-brush option. :thumbdown Despite the instructions on the packaging, I attempted to use my Badger - just in case it could work. It did not! It disappeared inside good ole Badger and never resurfaced (probably still there a week later). I have to say it takes a bit of an adjustment to massage cream into & onto your face with fingers. It is also a visual adjustment – you don't really see where it is on your face and isn't - so you need to be really alert to note where you've already shaved or else you're doing re-do's and risking a red face.

Packaging
Cheap, crappy, ubiquitous plastic packaging that rudely jabs Mama Earth in the eye. :angry:

Conclusion
CCS is a great option for a superior shave when travelling or in a rush since you save time not dealing with mug & Badger. However, don't expect any joy in the journey on these days.

Latest reviews

I agree about "fire hose" to clean blade--even without pre-shaves. Skin does feel good afterwards. Expensive for not getting any enjoyment as you do with a brush--I'll just keep traveling with CO Bigelow in tube and Wee Scot and enjoy the shave and save money. Glad you reviewed this since I thought I just couldn't use this product correctly and you found every thing I had questioned about this. Their Healing Shave Balm, however, is outstanding!
Their Spin
Clinique markets CCS as "Razor glides over skin. Lubricant soothes and holds moisture to beard for clean, comfortable shave." My face finds this to be true, especially when followed up with Clinique ASB.

Price / Availability
CCS isn't sold in many Canadian stores. I purchased the 125 ml tube at Hudson's Bay Co for a reasonable $13. The website says it's also available at Sears. I've read that Shoppers Drug Mart carries it, but have yet to see it in any of their stores.

Pre-Shave Warning
I used it for 1 week with my trusty go-to routine of a pre-shave (Proraso pre-shave or Shea Butter/Olive Oil combo pre-shave), Merkur 38C, Derby blade, and Clinque ASB. Warning – if you use Proraso pre-shave with CCS, you will need water pressure from a fire hose to rinse your blade. The combination creates a sturdy paste that makes fully cured caulking look flimsy.

Quality / Efficacy
I find this a high quality product that allows me to experience great shaves (when not using Proraso pre-shave). My dry skin really appreciated the superior moisturizing abilities and felt great all day long.

Scent / Lather
Sadly, it is scent free. :thumbdown It is also really and truly a no-brush option. :thumbdown Despite the instructions on the packaging, I attempted to use my Badger - just in case it could work. It did not! It disappeared inside good ole Badger and never resurfaced (probably still there a week later). I have to say it takes a bit of an adjustment to massage cream into & onto your face with fingers. It is also a visual adjustment – you don't really see where it is on your face and isn't - so you need to be really alert to note where you've already shaved or else you're doing re-do's and risking a red face.

Packaging
Cheap, crappy, ubiquitous plastic packaging that rudely jabs Mama Earth in the eye. :angry:

Conclusion
CCS is a great option for a superior shave when travelling or in a rush since you save time not dealing with mug & Badger. However, don't expect any joy in the journey on these days.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)