What's new

Booster June Clover

Definitely a barber shop product which I like. Old school feeling to it. Good scent for a product like this. It burns, but I personally don't mind that.
I am also using a sample I received. I love it! This and the Mosswood are my favorites.
I received Boosters Jickery as a sample from SE. I was surprised to see that there was no alcohol burn as I expected. It must be loaded with glycerin or witch hazel and it works very nicely as a splash. Not much of a smell which suit me fine since after it dries I can follow up with Cloves and peppermint ASB, my current favorite.
Yes bman, please tell us who sells this stuff in Richmond.
Based on a sampler pack, I am taken and will re-order "Jickery" and "Iced Lime".

YMMV.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
bman40;828735 said:
picked some up today - finally found a local vendor for this stuff, and it's wonderful. The scent is terrific and it leaves my face feeling great.
You found a local vendor!!! Where? I couldn't find Booster AS when I was in Canada. I certainly hope your souce is within driving distance of me.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
picked some up today - finally found a local vendor for this stuff, and it's wonderful. The scent is terrific and it leaves my face feeling great.
I received a sample of this AS with my order from shaving essentials (SE). It has a very clean smell and doesn't linger or clash with my cologne. I don't suffer from dry skin but this AS leaves my skin smooth and tight. It burns for a few seconds when applying but I've felt worse. I found another member selling a bottle of it,but the cost from SE will run you about $17 with shipping. So it's better to add it with some other items your ordering at the same time.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
First off, the scent caught my attention right away - and I gravitate toward this Booster's scent more than any of the others in my sample pack. Like the other Booster's, they're not really drying the way other alcohol-based A/S can be, and they're extremely gentle, almost like Thayer's. As such, I get almost no burn from any of the Booster's. The scent is subtle, but sticks around a bit (more than some bay rums, but less than something like pinaud clubman or aqua velva.) It's a good, clean scent that's not likely to put anyone off, and overall represents a great value.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Excellent and cheap AS splash. Great smells and excellent moisterizing properties. This AS splash is loaded with glycerin. I keep going back to Booster each and every time. None of my other AS splashes give me such a smooth feeling skin. The June Clover is very refreshing too. Excellent for summer. If you like a citrusy and sweet scent this is for you. Alcohol burn is not very present compared to AV but the moisterizing and refreshing properties make up for it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I bought a pile of stuff from Shaving Essentials and found a sample of this in the care package that arrived. Also some horrifyingly strong floral scented soap that my daughter stole from me and welcome to it. I have to say that Shaving Essentials are evil - like the local pusher they just give you a little taste, and leave you wanting more, Then they have you hooked and reeeeeeeel you in! :biggrin:

Ahem. Anyway, I am (well, was) not really an aftershave guy since I am very sensitive to odors. I can mainly just tolerate citrus scents. Florals will make me ill. But I had hurried my shave with inadequate lathering and was paying the price. While digging out my styptic pencil I found the June Clover in the drawer. So what the heck, it can't hurt any more than I've been already.

So I put someone my hand, slapped it on an wham! That stings. For about 10 seconds. It smelled wonderful and then my face settled right down. I've since been using it after every shave and while the sting is not as bad as it was on that fateful day, it's still a pure pleasure to apply. I now have a bottle of it on order along with the Iced Lime.

I don't know what all is in it. I understand there is glycerin, and definitely alcohol. I can taste a slight bitterness on my lips if I get some there, no idea what that is. Whatever it is, it's magic on my skin. :w00t:

A bit of explanation of some of my ratings. No alcohol burn? Yeah, right. This is basically alcohol and water with some goodies added. Price is excellent. You get 14oz for $10. It doesn't moisturize at all, but that's OK for me which is why it didn't get a zero.

Thanks a lot Booster and Shaving Essentials. You have me hooked. I need a 12 step program, I think...
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)