BIC Chrome Platinum (Greek)

Average User Rating:
0.490566/5,
  1. Jetpilot
    5/5,
    "Best Blade In My Arsenal"
    Pros - Sharpness
    Cons - None
    These certainly lived up to expectations as one of the sharpest blades available.

I get three amazing shaves out of each blade then they start to fall off but not abruptly. I could probably stretch it and get 6 acceptable shaves out of each blade but I like a 3 pass BBS shave. These deliver!

The blade wrapper is waterproof so blade won’t get wet if exposed to water.

It appears some people are having issues with these blades tugging but I have not experienced the same. I buy these by the 100 pack with confidence. My favorite blade!
    Price:
    5/5,
    Quality:
    5/5,
    Longevity:
    4/5,
    Packaging:
    5/5,
    Sharpness:
    5/5,
    Smoothness of Shave:
    5/5,
  2. deafficianado
    1/5,
    "Horrible QC"
    Pros - None
    Cons - Can’t shave with these blades due to extreme lack of sharpness. These blades pull and scrape, instead of cutting.
    I bought a hundred pack based on the reviews. After trying a few random blades randomly, each and every one them were horrible. My previous worst blade ever was Dorco st301, but this take the cake; worst blade ever! Either the Bic factory’s QC went totally wrong or I got fake Chinese knockoffs. Avoid this blade like the plague. :thumbdown :nono: I wasted my money on these, but maybe my review can save you yours.
    Price:
    1/5,
    Quality:
    1/5,
    Longevity:
    1/5,
    Packaging:
    4/5,
    Sharpness:
    1/5,
    Smoothness of Shave:
    1/5,
  3. georgio
    1/5,
    "I'm very new to DE shaving so my ratings are a bit"
    Pros - they make a darn fine pen
    Cons - let me count the ways
    I'm very new to DE shaving so my ratings are a bit unsure . But I am pretty sure that this blade really stinks . It was a tugging affair from the get go , using an EJ DE89 . I'm almost afraid to shave with this blade a second time . How can anyone say that this is a sharp blade ? Or that it gives a comfortable shave ? I am mystified .
    Price:
    4/5,
    Quality:
    1/5,
    Longevity:
    1/5,
    Packaging:
    4/5,
    Sharpness:
    1/5,
    Smoothness of Shave:
    1/5,
  4. cmark2014
    2/5,
    "On the first shave blade was not very smooth seeme"
    Pros - none
    Cons - pulled not a very smooth shave
    On the first shave blade was not very smooth seemed to pull alot. not as bad as sharks or the sally store personas but not as smooth as derby or merkur. caught myself adding pressure to try and get a closer shave and wound up with a little razor burn and not a very good shave. by the third pass it was evedent that i was going to have some stubble left. on my second shave pulling was worse and still not a very good shave. some people have good luck with these blades I did not but they are not the worst ive tried and i would use agian in a pinch.
    Price:
    2/5,
    Quality:
    2/5,
    Longevity:
    0/5,
    Packaging:
    4/5,
    Sharpness:
    1/5,
    Smoothness of Shave:
    1/5,
  5. Deltaboy
    4/5,
    "Got these blades in a B&B meet and swap, I get"
    Pros - Sharp and Smooth
    Cons - none
    Got these blades in a B&B meet and swap, I get about 5 shaves out of them before I have to change. I also have gotten some of my BBS shaves from this blade in a Gillette Super Speed.
    I am going to buy a hundred of them next chance I get.
    Price:
    0/5,
    Quality:
    4/5,
    Longevity:
    4/5,
    Packaging:
    5/5,
    Sharpness:
    5/5,
    Smoothness of Shave:
    5/5,
  6. SRKattan
    4/5,
    "I'm new to shaving with a safety razor, but have b"
    Pros - Sharp, less effort needed to achieve BBS than Feathers
    Cons - Can be slightly harsh towards newbies and overly sensitive skin, proper angle is especially critical
    I'm new to shaving with a safety razor, but have been getting shaves with disposable blade straight razors at the barbers for years.

Upon shaving with a BiC Chrome Platinum for the first time today, I knew beyond doubt that this would be one of my favourite blades. I found it to be somewhat sharper than both the Feather and the Bluebird blades I've used previously, requiring less effort to achieve a true BBS shave.

However, proper angle is particularly vital with the BiC as overshaving an area will lead to irritation much sooner than with a Feather, for example. I can afford to be quick and careless with a Feather, but not so with this blade. That doesn't mean you need to switch to DEFCON 1 when using a BiC, just be mindful of angle to lessen the need for extra passes or touch ups. Do this and you shall be rewarded with a remarkable BBS shave in no time. I did not experience the obligatory blood sacrifice that others have described.

Newbies and those with overly sensitive skin will likely find this blade to be a bit harsh, and for those crowds I'd recommend the Feathers and Bluebirds over the BiC. They are immeasurably smooth and give excellent, close shaves, though not as close as the BiC in my opinion.

Packaging, on the other hand, leaves something to be desired. I'm not a fan of cardboard packs, and much prefer the hard plastic cases that blades such as Feathers and Bluebirds come in. But, that's just me.

I can't comment on longevity because I use each blade only once, regardless of brand.
    Price:
    5/5,
    Quality:
    5/5,
    Longevity:
    0/5,
    Packaging:
    2/5,
    Sharpness:
    5/5,
    Smoothness of Shave:
    2/5,
  7. JIMB3884
    3/5,
    "I really didn't know what to expect from a product"
    Pros - PRICE/AVAILABILITY
    Cons - SMOOTHNESS
    I really didn't know what to expect from a product that is so readily available, priced well and yet isn't mentioned very favourably. The pros - can purchase from as little as $12/100 just about every vendor has them, great European quality and very easy to remove from packaging without the nasy glue spots or plastic wrapping, The cons- if you engage in 3 to 4 pass shaves and have a dense beard you won't finish the 3rd shave. The smoothness is lacking however it is forgiving for the amount of sharpness. In my opinion I would rate it between a Croma and a Wilkinson Sword blade - if that makes sense. Definetly worth a try as strange outcomes arise out of blades - as experienced shavers know each beard/skin combo is unique.
    Price:
    5/5,
    Quality:
    4/5,
    Longevity:
    2/5,
    Packaging:
    5/5,
    Sharpness:
    4/5,
    Smoothness of Shave:
    3/5,
  8. bakerbarber
    1/5,
    ":cursing: I may have gotten a bum pack, but so fa"
    Pros - Package looks nice
    Cons - Blades are rough and inconsistent.
    :cursing:

I may have gotten a bum pack, but so far three blades out 5 have been like shaving with a cheese grater.

First shave is rough.

Second shave is a tug of war.

Third shave was just insanity.

I tried three blades for three shaves each. Mine came in a sampler pack of various other blades and brands. I don't think I would use these blades again if they were the only brand available.

Seriously made me wonder why I kept trying them over and over. I wanted to think that after a shave or two the roughness would smooth out.

They are sharp. The blood proves it. Bleeding in spot and having stubble next to it isn't the sign of a good blade.

BIC should stick to making disposable pens and plastic lighters.
    Price:
    5/5,
    Quality:
    1/5,
    Longevity:
    1/5,
    Packaging:
    5/5,
    Sharpness:
    4/5,
    Smoothness of Shave:
    0/5,
  9. Trout Whisperer
    3/5,
    "[b][i]BIC Chrome Platinum double-edge razor blades"
    Pros - quality
    Cons - not a close shave
    BIC Chrome Platinum double-edge razor blades

The first blade from this package cut me badly enough that I discarded it after a few strokes. Subsequent shaves with these blades were acceptable, so that first blade must have been an exception.

Price: n/a (purchased as part of a sample pack)

Quality: Fairly consistent bevels and edges

Sharpness: Relatively dull. I rate this blade at the 4th tier for sharpness.

Longevity: Lasts 3-4 days, which is average for the blades I have tried.

Smoothness of shave: Somewhat rough and not particularly close.

Packaging: Cardboard box of 5. Single-wrapped in plastic-coated paper; glue spots on one side.
    Price:
    3/5,
    Quality:
    4/5,
    Longevity:
    4/5,
    Packaging:
    3/5,
    Sharpness:
    3/5,
    Smoothness of Shave:
    3/5,
  10. NewYorkBuck
    2/5,
    "I would shave with these if there was nothing else"
    Pros - Cheap
    Cons - Mediocre sharpness. Not all that smooth.
    I would shave with these if there was nothing else around, but I would most certainly not purchase them in any bulk quantity. In the lower price range, Sharks are better. In the upper price range, these cannot hold a candle to 7AM yellows, Iridiums, UK Wilks, and def not Swedish Gs.
    Price:
    2/5,
    Quality:
    2/5,
    Longevity:
    1/5,
    Packaging:
    2/5,
    Sharpness:
    3/5,
    Smoothness of Shave:
    1/5,