What's new

Barbasol Beard Busters

Item Description

I start with hot washcloth and unscented dove moisturing soap prior to my shave.
:a29: The beard buster original shaving cream works well enough to shave daily with my DE Gillette. After shaving BBS :ladysman: both WTG and ATG my face was 98%-99% free of any razor burn. Any pink areas on the neck dissapeared approx15 minutes. I will be trying the aloe in a day or so.
I did try an inexpensive shaving soap kit that shedded hair and left my face on fire. :001_huh:
Update. The aloe worked great maybe a little better than the origional. My face felt better using the same preperation and DE razor blade brand.
I washed my face with unscented dove moisturizing soap and hot water then applied the barbasol aloe combined with a older shick DE and a USA made dollar general blade.

Latest reviews

Pros: thick lather, price
Cons: not slick
So, after my shaving renaissance and using some really good soaps and creams lathered with a brush, I decided to give my old standby Barbasol a try. I thought I'd use my Plissoft Monster to lather it on this time, rather than the time-tested mushing it on with my hands. The lather was thick, but almost scent free. I was using a Gillette Sheridan with a Gillette Platinum Plus blade and that's when the trouble starts. All over my face and noggin my razor is jumping and skipping. Yikes, not what I want from a shave cream at all. I bought a travel size, so I'm only out $1, but still I won't be trying this experiment again.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Widely available and cheap, works great with a bush, and just as effective as more overpriced brands in my opinion.
I have used this shaving cream for years. I stopped it for a while after acquiring a badger brush as I thought I needed a fancy cream or soap with the brush. After I used up the cream sample that came with the brush, I sprayed some Barbasol in my bowl and lathered it up. It was even better than before! It latheres nicely and applies very nicely with my badger brush.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Functional, economical
Cons: Propellants, artificial ingredients, and it comes in a can
If you're going to buy OTC lather in a can, this is the best bang for your buck. It works just as well as the higher priced canned lathers and gels on the shelf, IMO. I'm a TOBS fan, but this is what I toss in my bag if I'm traveling.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)