What's new

Aveda cleansing products

Item Description

Background

Like many I’ve been suffering with acne, from mild to moderate with white/black heads, pustules, occasional cysts, and plainly sensitive skin. After seeing a total of 6 dermatologists from high school through my navy years, I had been given many courses of oral antibiotics (doxy/minocycline), topical creams (Retin-A, Cleocin-T, Benzoyl Peroxide, others I can’t remember) and OTC meds.

I’m currently 25 years old and I’m trying a different route.

Situation

My local mall has a Kiehl’s, Sephora, Origins, and Aveda stores. What sold me on the Aveda store was that when I walked in the associate asked if I needed help, and after shopping the other stores first and feeling a bit overwhelmed as to what my new product should be I jokingly replied, “Tell me why I should buy from you guys.”

The associate sat me down at a large center table and we began to profile my skin type, my routine, and from there he made his recommendations. I was very pleased by the customer service at this point.

Products

1. Outer Peace foaming cleanser
2. Botanical Kinetics toning mist
3. Tourmaline charged radiance fluid
4. Botanical Kinetics exfoliant
5. Outer Peace acne relief lotion

From the get go I should tell you that these products smell a little girly. The philosophy of the Aveda products is that everything is derived naturally from plants and flowers. I can detect a citrus smell in the foaming cleanser. The rest of the products have overlapping scents of lavender, jasmine, and lilac. Oddly though, the acne relief lotion smells like chicken flavored ramen when it’s applied to the face.

The Routine

The cleanser does not produce a great lather, but cleanses without over drying. I follow Kyle’s pre-shave routine and shower/wash after I shave and this cleanser does not leave a feeling of tightness or over drying.

Next I apply the toning mist, this is designed to further breakdown excess oil to prepare the pores for the rest of the treatment. This spray is designed to be used as needed throughout the day, just spray it on to dull down the oil and shine.

Next the radiance fluid is better described as a nutrient serum, it contains some essential oils and plant extracts to condition and “seal” the skin.

Lastly the acne relief ramen… I mean lotion is applied. It may smell funny, but this is a non-greasy moisturizer that is actually a NON GREASY moisturizer.

At night I skip the mist and use the exfoliant and spot treat with a sulfur spot treatment from Murad. I had this left over from the Murad acne kit, Aveda sells basically the same product.

This may sound like an extensive treatment, but the products absorb rapidly, the routine takes no more than 5 minutes.

Conclusion

So many topical ointments over the years have dried my skin and made me hate my complexion; this treatment however actually lets me feel like I’m doing some good for my skin. The products do contain salicylic acid but it is obtained naturally from wintergreen rather than synthetically prepared. I wash and apply these products after shaving with out an aftershave or balm and there is NO burn or irritation.

My skin so far looks less shiny and feels less oily throughout the day. All the products together cast $150 dollars but will last from 3-6 months. Thats about $50/month which is what proactiv and the like cost. Also, as long as you keep the receipt you can return the products for a full refund as long as they are more than half full. You could test this out for 2 months and return it if you’re not happy.:lol:

I highly recommend stopping in to an Aveda if you’re near one, and if not give this a try.

Latest reviews

Background

Like many I’ve been suffering with acne, from mild to moderate with white/black heads, pustules, occasional cysts, and plainly sensitive skin. After seeing a total of 6 dermatologists from high school through my navy years, I had been given many courses of oral antibiotics (doxy/minocycline), topical creams (Retin-A, Cleocin-T, Benzoyl Peroxide, others I can’t remember) and OTC meds.

I’m currently 25 years old and I’m trying a different route.

Situation

My local mall has a Kiehl’s, Sephora, Origins, and Aveda stores. What sold me on the Aveda store was that when I walked in the associate asked if I needed help, and after shopping the other stores first and feeling a bit overwhelmed as to what my new product should be I jokingly replied, “Tell me why I should buy from you guys.”

The associate sat me down at a large center table and we began to profile my skin type, my routine, and from there he made his recommendations. I was very pleased by the customer service at this point.

Products

1. Outer Peace foaming cleanser
2. Botanical Kinetics toning mist
3. Tourmaline charged radiance fluid
4. Botanical Kinetics exfoliant
5. Outer Peace acne relief lotion

From the get go I should tell you that these products smell a little girly. The philosophy of the Aveda products is that everything is derived naturally from plants and flowers. I can detect a citrus smell in the foaming cleanser. The rest of the products have overlapping scents of lavender, jasmine, and lilac. Oddly though, the acne relief lotion smells like chicken flavored ramen when it’s applied to the face.

The Routine

The cleanser does not produce a great lather, but cleanses without over drying. I follow Kyle’s pre-shave routine and shower/wash after I shave and this cleanser does not leave a feeling of tightness or over drying.

Next I apply the toning mist, this is designed to further breakdown excess oil to prepare the pores for the rest of the treatment. This spray is designed to be used as needed throughout the day, just spray it on to dull down the oil and shine.

Next the radiance fluid is better described as a nutrient serum, it contains some essential oils and plant extracts to condition and “seal” the skin.

Lastly the acne relief ramen… I mean lotion is applied. It may smell funny, but this is a non-greasy moisturizer that is actually a NON GREASY moisturizer.

At night I skip the mist and use the exfoliant and spot treat with a sulfur spot treatment from Murad. I had this left over from the Murad acne kit, Aveda sells basically the same product.

This may sound like an extensive treatment, but the products absorb rapidly, the routine takes no more than 5 minutes.

Conclusion

So many topical ointments over the years have dried my skin and made me hate my complexion; this treatment however actually lets me feel like I’m doing some good for my skin. The products do contain salicylic acid but it is obtained naturally from wintergreen rather than synthetically prepared. I wash and apply these products after shaving with out an aftershave or balm and there is NO burn or irritation.

My skin so far looks less shiny and feels less oily throughout the day. All the products together cast $150 dollars but will last from 3-6 months. Thats about $50/month which is what proactiv and the like cost. Also, as long as you keep the receipt you can return the products for a full refund as long as they are more than half full. You could test this out for 2 months and return it if you’re not happy.:lol:

I highly recommend stopping in to an Aveda if you’re near one, and if not give this a try.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)