What's new

ACQUA DI PARMA shave cream

Item Description

Stopped by NM yesterday to check out what's available. After I refused to look at the AOS, I was shown shown ADP and Perricone. Since the latter appeared to have sold out, I decided to try the ADP. The scent was what really drew me - very barbershop, imo. As barbershop as it can get.

Cheap it is not (comparatively) - as it cost $55 for 125g. Obviously, there are creams that are half (or less than half) the price, and still perform great.

Packaging is very nice - I have to give it to ADP. You won't be ashamed to put it on your shelf and it's a pleasure to look, hold, open, etc.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Cream consistency is very very thick. Unlike regular creams at all. Lathers great, though. I did need to work a bit (=add water) to get the ratio right but was rewarded with great lather fairly quickly. A bean-sized amount overwhelmed the brush.

proxy.php

Applied several lathers - seemed that it's not extremely moisturizing for my skin

Cheers
Ivo

Latest reviews

Pros: everything but price
Cons: price
Terrific cream with a pleasant cologne scent. It doesn't take much to get a good lather. When I forget this (this isn't my every day cream!) I find it hard to break up the cream and there's sometimes a small bit stuck to the bottom of my bowl.

Use sparingly and enjoy. It probably isn't worth the price but definitely something you should try once.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Great scent, thick lather
Cons: Price
Price: Mine was a large sample, but in NA it usually sells for $60-70, well into the deminishing returns region. Quality: One of the best "croaps" I have had the pleasure to use. Scent: Fabulous scent ofAdP. Latherability: Whips up like 50% cream, not to fussy with the water/cream ratio. Efficacy: Nice and slick, razor just glides. Moisturizing Properties: Not greasy, just the right amount. Packaging: Classy glass jar, what do you expect for the price. I only gave it an 8 because of price.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Lather-ability. Comfort. Fragrance.
Cons: None
Only dropped a point on price as even though I believe this is incredible value for money some may struggle to justify it's high ticket.Having said that it's lather, cushion and comfort and exceptional fragrance make this a pinnacle product for the wet shaving cognoscenti. Astonishingly frugal use of product still generates mounds of lovely lubricant for your face. I've only ever used it with an SR3824 and I can attest to it's efficacy ONLY with a silver tip (sorry boar slingers!).So can I recommend it? Absolutely. This is a benchmark product that you can measure other creams and soaps against. Honestly, they could store this under a glass bell jar at Greenwich. It's tough to stay objective when you use a product this good; get some and make up your own mind. You're worth it...aren't you??
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)