What's new

Must try Bay Rum

Love Bay Rum. Looking for a must try. Been using Stirling. I wanted to try BM but they are out of commission for BR at the moment. Also, I don't work well with melt and pour.

Mystic Water, Captain's Choice, and Mikes have good Bay Rum soaps. I prefer them to the B&M, both in ccent and performance.

I can understand that but, I am not a head shaver & never realized that fact. Yep, the old noggin is warm enough to do that.

Oz Shaving Co. Nonestic Ocean is their Bay Rum. It's really good stuff. Get it this weekend 20% off for their Black Friday sale!

Mystic Water and Jeeves of Hudson Street have really good ones too.

I think I'm down to 4 bay rum soaps. The first two get used the most, the other two only occasionally.

1. Captain's Choice - my favorite bay rum soap.
2. SRD West Indies Bay - SRD makes a very good melt & pour soap and I use this one a lot.
3. Ogallala - this melt & pour soap is average, but I love the heavy clove scent.
4. Kramperts - a good soap, but often gets overlooked because I just have too many soaps.

I've tried several. So far, my favorite is First Canadian Bay Rum & Lime.
I was really surprised by this soap when tried how good it is. The scent is refined, manly, but not too overwhelming.

Otherwise +1 for Captain's Choice - for pure protective slickness and a very pleasant scent

Sent from my RNE-L01 using Tapatalk

Love Bay Rum. Looking for a must try. Been using Stirling. I wanted to try BM but they are out of commission for BR at the moment. Also, I don't work well with melt and pour.
Here's a shaving cream frankenlather that is very good. Use Pacific Shaving Company Natural Shave Cream and add as much Gabel's Bay Rum aftershave as you want. The simplicity of the two products work well together. The Gabel's Bay Rum aftershave is one of the best there is.
MM879

I was really surprised by this soap when tried how good it is. The scent is refined, manly, but not too overwhelming.

Same here. I bought four sample containers when Maggard’s was clearing them out. I think they were 75¢ ea. I crammed them into a little hard candy tin. Four samples is enough soap for a while, but I’m seriously considering buying a tub because I don’t think I will find a Bay Rum I like as much as this (both scent and performance). And this includes B&M Bay Rum and others. This First Canadian stuff is a real sleeper. Great stuff. If anyone has any they don’t want, I’ll take it.

Shannon’s soap: bay patchouli grapefruit. Bay is fantastic in this, and the base is absolutely great. Best of all, it’s very affordable. One of my top scent profiles of all my soaps.

Shannon’s soap: bay patchouli grapefruit. Bay is fantastic in this, and the base is absolutely great. Best of all, it’s very affordable. One of my top scent profiles of all my soaps.
This is a really good one from Shannon's! I only had a sample, but should pick up a tub. The scent is unique refreshing bay scent and offers excellent performance.

Mike's Natural Soaps Bay Rum is still my favorite bay rum shaving soap.

Oz Shaving Co. Nonestic Ocean is their Bay Rum. It's really good stuff. Get it this weekend 20% off for their Black Friday sale!

Mystic Water and Jeeves of Hudson Street have really good ones too.

I really like Oz Shaving Co soaps. I have been using the Jack Pumpkin Head this fall and have several other samples to try. The quality of the lather has been very good.

And, while I have not tried the bay rum, always a big fan of Jeeves of Hudson Street.

Wow ! Simply opening this container to take the photo --- my olfactory sense is ecstatic !
For me and my face (and my nose) --- this is the best Bay Rum soap available today !
And to all my dear B&B friends --- best regards to you and your families for a joyous Thanksgiving.

IMG_0123.JPG

Top Bottom