17. Shave Jacket (Box 3 and 4 Only)
18. M14Shooter
19. Blaidth
20. ccpastork - In possession of Box 3
***Box 2 enroute to dfoulk
21. dfoulk in possession of Box 1 for refill

Box #3
Razorock Mudder Fokker

I have adopted the Marco Method (My lathering technique with Italian soft soaps) from this point forward in an effort to remove variables in evaluating the performance.

Scent: ***From Razorock
Top Notes: Bergamot, Anise, Pineapple
Heart Notes: Jasmine, Violet
Base Notes: Amber, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Hay, Tonka Bean, Patchouli, Thuja

I very much enjoyed the scent, it is a nice balance of fresh and clean mixed with richer notes. My bride and girls give it a two thumbs up for scent...but a thumbs down for the name. :blushing:

Lather:
With the Marco Method, the soap
lathers without effort and the result is a rich creamy pillow on your face.

Slickness/Glide:
For me this has been one of the better soaps in Box 3. I had no problem with glide during my three pass shave and ended with a near BBS with little effort. Residual slickness was enough to do spot touch up with a wet face.

Post Shave:
Their website description mentions amazing post shave feel; I would tend to agree and also found AS unnecessary. Four hours later and my face still feels great.

Overall Impression:
A good quality soap with a nice scent; a soap for anyone.

Box #3
Razorock Mudder Fokker
Thanks for the review. I have often been amused by the things that turn some people off about a particular soap. But I just realized that the primary reason that I've never tried this one is the name. It's not as if I'm a dainty fella, who's easily offended. (In fact it's pretty hard to offend me.) But for whatever reason, this one turns me off.

Your review suggests that I should just get over it and give the soap a try. Thanks!

Thanks for the review. I have often been amused by the things that turn some people off about a particular soap. But I just realized that the primary reason that I've never tried this one is the name. It's not as if I'm a dainty fella, who's easily offended. (In fact it's pretty hard to offend me.) But for whatever reason, this one turns me off.

Your review suggests that I should just get over it and give the soap a try. Thanks!

Happy to be of some assistance. The name is not my favorite either, however, it is a good soap.

Ok, so I just got back from vacation and Box 2 had arrived while I was out. My neighbor was kind enough to grab my mail for me while we were away. So I have box 2 and 3 in my possession now.

Current Status of Passaround Boxes:

1. cvargo (Box 4 Only) - Done
2. tclobaugh (Box 4 Only) - Done
3. stook2001 - Done
3. BigSpivito - Done
5. dangerousdon (Box 4 Only) - Done
6. bobmsp (Box 4 Only) - Done
7. NickMach007 - Done
8. Baylorgator - Done
9. Grundi - Done
10. SoullessSingularity - done
11. tehnothing - done
12. Merkuryrising - skipped
13. NurseDave - done
14. jsouthard825 (Box 4 Only) - in possession of box 4
15. NyquistRate (Box 4 Only)
16. oteixeira (Box 4 Only)
18. M14Shooter
19. Blaidth
20. ccpastork - In possession of Box 3
21. dfoulk in possession of Box 1 for refill

in possession of Box 2 for refill

Happy to be of some assistance. The name is not my favorite either, however, it is a good soap.
Confession time...the name of a soap or its label can be a turn off for me. I realize that these are very subjective and I miss out on some good soaps. But like everything else, even the soap's name can be YMMV.

Confession time...the name of a soap or its label can be a turn off for me. I realize that these are very subjective and I miss out on some good soaps. But like everything else, even the soap's name can be YMMV.

The name was a real turnoff for me too. I'm not a prude but the name is a bit of dumb juvenile humor and doesn't sound like something that would sold by professionals. But I bought it on sale anyway after reading some reviews and while I'm not crazy about the scent, it's got the best protection and glide of any soap I own. I pull it out when I really want to make sure I don't nik myself.

Whoa! It's crazy this iteration of the Soap Sample Pass Around is still going on! This has to be the longest running one! I haven't been able to read all of these...but great reviews gents!

3. stook2001 - Done
3. BigSpivito - Done
7. NickMach007 - Done
8. Baylorgator - Done
9. Grundi - Done
11. tehnothing - done
13. NurseDave - done
18. M14Shooter
19. Blaidth
20. ccpastork -
21. dfoulk in possession of Box 1 & 2 for refill, Box 3 en-route to dfoulk

I have really enjoyed the passaround, however, life is a bit crazy and I have decided to forego Box 4. @Blaidth, when you are done with Box 4 send it to dfoulk for refill.

3. stook2001 - Done
3. BigSpivito - Done
7. NickMach007 - Done
8. Baylorgator - Done
9. Grundi - Done
11. tehnothing - done
13. NurseDave - done
18. M14Shooter
19. Blaidth
21. dfoulk in possession of Box 1, 2 & 3 for refill.

I heard from Justin. He got busy at work and put it aside while waiting for a response from the next person on the list. He'll post some thoughts and get the box moving again soon.

Been away for a while . . . looks like Justin was waiting on me. My apologies for that. Is it possible to get back into the listing or just sit out this box 4?

Been away for a while . . . looks like Justin was waiting on me. My apologies for that. Is it possible to get back into the listing or just sit out this box 4?

Sure, you can add your name back to the list. Technically you should be having your turn now so you can flip yours and Orlando's (oteixeira) spots making you next or you can add your name to the end of the list. I'm ok with either so whatever works better for you timing wise I'm good with.

Top Bottom