What's new

Scale Color/Material??

Hi all. I’m considering using these stabilized mango wood blanks to scale an 8/8ths Soligen made Square point. I like their texture and the green and orange make for a nice and colorful contrast.

proxy.php

Then, yesterday as I walked by a bait and tackle shop, I had the thought that it may look like “turkey camo.”

proxy.php

Does anybody else see this? I mean, camo scales could be a cool idea, but it’s not really what I’m going for!

So far, I haven't seen anybody use Curly Koa. It may be a little pricy but I like it.

This seller has some nice ones that would be useable for scales I'm thinking:Islewoods | eBay Stores

Mike
I've got a set of his stabilized buckeye burl scales on my Colt Defender, very nice quality. I've been thinking of buying more of his scales for razors too - along with my other 1911s.

Tanks to everyone for the input. I ended up returning those blanks. Not because of the camo thing, but because I found a set I liked even more. They were just transformed into this beautiful razor. You can tell by the famous Playdough that Doc226 made the scales.

It’s stabilized Norfolk Pine with a bone wedge. Doc’s a real artisan, isn’t he?

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
That turned out beautifully, very nice pattern in the scales. Growing up with Catholic parents, the crossed keys kind of make me wonder about the razor's history.

Top Bottom