What's new

Society of Injector Shavers (the SISSIES)

I missed out on some floating head injectors about a week ago. Still kicking myself for that. They were about $35 USD each. I’ve seen very high prices on feathers, never seen an O, and seen some Gillette injectors but these last ones a few were in pieces and appear to be mostly plastic. I don’t really have much desire to buy the gillettes. I have the supply injector but didn’t like it nearly as much as my Schick injectors. So my injector wishlist right now would be: Feather (can wait a few years until I have money again), Type N, Golden 500 or Schick 500, a good Schick repeater, maybe a Type D, and maybe the E and G. I’m pretty set for now and those are just for collecting purposes. I can somewhat replicate the shaves of the E and G with my Type Ms so I don’t necessarily need them to get that shave.

Don't forget the Schick Type F. It gives one of the best shaves I have ever gotten. Unfortunately, the Types D, F, and O are very rare, and when encountered are very expensive. Outside of this Thread, I have only ever seen three Feather Injectors on eBay, and they were years ago. If you have seen any recently, you are very lucky.

I've seen 3 Feather Injector sets on ebay in the last 24 hours, all from Japan as you would expect.

The cost isn't too bad, it's the import charges/tax from Japan that's putting me off.

Here's 2 of them

proxy.php

proxy.php

Can't find the other.

I won't be buying any of these fine looking razors.

Now that this

proxy.php

is mine!

I knew saying my RAD has gone was a BIG mistake! :001_cool:

I'm going to feel bad tearing that out of its blister pack. Seems a shame to destroy it's "never been opened" state.

Last edited:
Congratulations on finding the Holy Grail, Doug. I know you'll be very pleased with the Type O. I have both the Type O and the Feather injector. If you've got one of them, then there's no need to get the other--there's no real difference between them. It's too bad that eBarbershop doesn't ship outside of the US. Their Type O clone is much less expensive than the Type O and is identical, except for the branding.

Thanks Steve.

Once my wallet recovers from this I might keep an eye out for something nice from Japan, but I get what your saying.
I do like the look of those Feather sets though. The white handled one is particularly appealing.

Congratulations on finding the Holy Grail, Doug. I know you'll be very pleased with the Type O. I have both the Type O and the Feather injector. If you've got one of them, then there's no need to get the other--there's no real difference between them. It's too bad that eBarbershop doesn't ship outside of the US. Their Type O clone is much less expensive than the Type O and is identical, except for the branding.

Do you find the shave of the Feather similar to the Type O clone?

I shaved today with my L-1 and a fresh TWIN. The shave was somehow different from my O clone. I think the L-1 is lighter and the handle is definitely shorter on it, so I think m my pressure was less. It seemed slightly more efficient and just as smooth even though the blade was fresh. I’m not certain how much more efficient and smooth the L-1 was, but I think it is matters of degrees. Very happy with this first shave on the L-1!

Congrats Doug on the NOS type O! Incredible find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget the Schick Type F. It gives one of the best shaves I have ever gotten. Unfortunately, the Types D, F, and O are very rare, and when encountered are very expensive. Outside of this Thread, I have only ever seen three Feather Injectors on eBay, and they were years ago. If you have seen any recently, you are very lucky.

How I wish I could afford any of these more rare razors. I think my current collection is pretty decent and I enjoy the shaves from all of the Schicks. Might have to give the Supply more time at some point. As promised, a picture of my current collection:

IMG_0664.JPG

Do you find the shave of the Feather similar to the Type O clone?

To me, the two shave almost identically. Of course, I used a Feather twin in the Feather Injector, and a Schick II twin in the Schick (and O clone), but each razor is perfect with the blade that they were designed for. Some day I might try the two razors with each other's blade, but for right now I'm perfectly happy with both razors.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Here's 2 of them

proxy.php

proxy.php

Can't find the other.

I won't be buying any of these fine looking razors.

Now that this

proxy.php

is mine!

I knew saying my RAD has gone was a BIG mistake! :001_cool:

I'm going to feel bad tearing that out of its blister pack. Seems a shame to destroy it's "never been opened" state.

Nice, nice, nice!

TypeO.TypeOClone.Side.Bottom.Shiny.JPG

My Type O was gently used when I bought it, but still I've only used it once, and that was by mistake. I just use the ebarbershop Type O clone (exactly the same razor except a couple of cosmetic differences).

Photo is both razors. From this view I have no idea which is which.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
How I wish I could afford any of these more rare razors. I think my current collection is pretty decent and I enjoy the shaves from all of the Schicks. Might have to give the Supply more time at some point. As promised, a picture of my current collection:

upload_2018-2-18_22-59-46.png

Very nice, Joel.

You might like the L-3. The Grip is a different razor, and not just a novelty. It shaves very well, and I love the handle. The balance is different because of the handle, too. Not that I have the L-1, but just going by what you're saying about yours and extrapolating a bit.

I think maybe the L-3 is a tad more efficient or maybe aggressive than some of my injectors, but it could just be the blade is newer.

Good job with the photo.

Happy shaves,

Jim

All, signed up for the Fixed Four for March Madness (FFFMM): one razor, blade, soap, brush throughout March, and chose to go with the Personna Floating Head with Japanese Schick II Twin, my most comfortable and carefree combo.

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
All, signed up for the Fixed Four for March Madness (FFFMM): one razor, blade, soap, brush throughout March, and chose to go with the Personna Floating Head with Japanese Schick II Twin, my most comfortable and carefree combo.

Lucky you, George. I'm on the lookout for one.

What's your brush?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Very nice collection you've got going there Joel.
I've seen a few of those Silver Personna's on the bay but never pulled the trigger on one yet. Have you tried shaving with it yet?
I must get my act together and take pics of my little razor hoard.

Jim, I would say the one on the left is the real O type - you can just make out the word "Injector" on it :001_rolle
I will be using mine when it arrives because I can't buy a clone from this side of the pond. Strangely I'm saddened by the thought of removing it from the blister pack it's been in for all these years.

George, you've got me interested in FFFMM. Mind you it's going to be easy using a Twin blade - dare I say, almost like cheating :001_tongu
I'll decide before the start of March which razor I'm going to use, along with the soap and brush.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I've seen a few of those Silver Personna's on the bay but never pulled the trigger on one yet. Have you tried shaving with it yet?

Jim, I would say the one on the left is the real O type - you can just make out the word "Injector" on it :001_rolle
I will be using mine when it arrives because I can't buy a clone from this side of the pond. Strangely I'm saddened by the thought of removing it from the blister pack it's been in for all these years.

George, you've got me interested in FFFMM. Mind you it's going to be easy using a Twin blade - dare I say, almost like cheating :001_tongu
I'll decide before the start of March which razor I'm going to use, along with the soap and brush.

I saw one Type O on ebay a day or two ago. I guess you snagged it. They don't give them away. Mine was pricey.

I think Joel's silvery razor is a Supply, not the SS Personna.

If the O type you saw was from a UK seller then yes, I snagged it.
I'd been watching it for weeks and the last time it got relisted the price was dropped a bit.
Yesterday I bartered it down a bit more. Not as much as I would have liked, but still - it was a third less than what it was the first time I spotted it.

Just spotted another on the bay, this time from USA.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
If the O type you saw was from a UK seller then yes, I snagged it.
I'd been watching it for weeks and the last time it got relisted the price was dropped a bit.
Yesterday I bartered it down a bit more. Not as much as I would have liked, but still - it was a third less than what it was the first time I spotted it.

Just spotted another on the bay, this time from USA.

I think I saw the US one. The seller was, if memory serves, in Atlanta (I just happened to notice).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Took a couple of pics with my phone of my small collection.
Need to dig out my SLR to get better quality.

shaveden1.JPG

shaveden2.JPG

As you can see, I have a particular liking for a certain Italian shaving company.

I’m really happy with all the SE blade choices I can choose among: Feather Pro Super AC, Schick Proline AC, GEM SS, Japanese Schick II Twin. I certainly have no problem with doing the FFFMM and the Sabbatical when it comes to blades.

Top Bottom