What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Indeed,but their prices are very reasonable I thought!

I was thinking of treating myself to a Thiers Issard or maybe a Filarmonica for Christmas,but now one of these seems in order,too!

I think I may just have to treat myself to all three!:001_302:

IMG_6024.JPG
Would not hurt to check out Brian Brown's website. He has a great sale going on until 9/25 and his razors are among the best out there.
Few examples....

Indeed,but their prices are very reasonable I thought!

I was thinking of treating myself to a Thiers Issard or maybe a Filarmonica for Christmas,but now one of these seems in order,too!

I think I may just have to treat myself to all three!:001_302:
That there's some first class enabling!
Yes it is Dave, truly horrible.
Personally I'm so glad that I, when my day comes, proudly can say that I never been an enabler, just a lighthouse, a beacon of light in the dark stormy night always ready to help ships in distress to a safe harbour.:em2400:

Todays shave this went into the barberside then onto the hones then shaved, after stropping and wow 2nd day BBS shave with no blood must be getting better. Only came this morning

20170923_111441.jpg

@Polarbeard Arne!! As normal a Fantastic Razor.
Thank you Ian, and I want to add that I like your razor too. :c9:
It took me a couple of months to get good shaves with a DE. The straight razor journey never ends though. Even today I daily manage to learn something new and the shaves have evolved from at first being horror shaving with blood splatter to good BBS, but that was just the start of the journey. It's become better and better ever since.:yinyang:

Queen Cutter made in the USA. Cant remember where it came from, but it had never touched a hone before joining my collection. Needs a touch up though so its moved to the 'to be honed' pile.
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

The Dawn of a New World Era!:a50:

Or perhaps it's more like Monty Python put it.

I support the MP view. In any case it's a very interesting development. Actually I wouldn't mind buying one just to try it out myself, but I won't buy it from a seller outside EU, the import charges would triple the price.
Indeed Arne - and these don't even ship to Europe anyway, only US.
I don't understand why because they would surely sell like crazy.

I bought several of these in a collective bulk buy on eBay UK so I guess at the moment there are only about 50 of them in Europe ;)

They are very nicely balanced and manouverable, the fantastic steel we've come to expect and a truly excellent shaver.
I saw a critiscism of them as being too light but the long scales counterbalance perfectly and it's a good design.
But DO mute that impressive point!

Saturday mornings is when I get up just as early as any workday to have the luxury of taking care of myself, to enjoy the silence, have a cup of coffee while looking out at the garden and the forest beyond and totally relax before I start to do all the tasks I haven't had time to do during the always interesting but mostly stressful workweek. All my shaves are meditation before facing another hopefully good day, but Saturdays mornings are special and so is the Saturday morning shaves. The razor is chosen with extra care so is the soap, brush, stop and the scent I put on.

Revision 6/8 thumb notch razor, Miller Heirloom strop, PAA The Beach soap, Nivea Men Cream as aftershave and finally Aramis Calligraphy perfume.

Junior will soon wake up so I'd better start making breakfast. Have a great Saturday gentlemen.

View attachment 823089
:Drool:
I've been to the site a few times. Questions: how do you order? Is that a mobile glitch or do you have to contact them? I haven't seen them in person, do they have wedge or spacer?
How do they compare to the Chevalier?
Perhaps I should start a new thread but "beacon of light" and all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom