What's new

pellet guns

I bought a scope from Beeman for my 124 sporter back in the late 70's. The first one they sent had some issues with spots on the internal lenses, they quickly replaced it and it has been in use ever since. They touted the extra bracing for lenses for air rifles back then. It was not the most expensive scope available nor the cheapest, but at 4x12 power it has decent optics and is set for closer range work. If it were not so good I think I would purchase one of those Leupold EFR scopes for air rifles. I prefer Leupold scopes having purchased my first one right out of high school, after a dealer had me compare it to a Weaver, no contest. Still have that plain 4x on my first ever centerfire rifle, a pre 64 Win 70 featherweight in 30-06.

My old Feinwerkbau 300 match rifle is rather unique. The cylinder and attached barrel ride on rails on either side of the lower part. When the sear releases the piston, as the spring and piston move forward, the cylinder/barrel slide back effectively cancelling the effect of the spring piston jerk and recoil, making it totally smooth with no feeling.

I have not shot it in several years and need to lube it up a bit and try it out again. I could not remember exact accuracy figures but think Beeman's published them as something line 0.04 inches at 10meters. I did some internet search and someone was trying various pellets and got groups like 0.097 inch. I have never used optics on mine but just have the match aperture sights. I used to shoot across my deck, probably 25-30 feet and light the heads of matches, and doubt that I could do that any longer.
Your FWB 300 is a jewel. The fit and mechanical complexity make it seem like it was made by a Swiss watchmaker!

I have a RWS model 54, with the RWS scope, it has accounted for many squirrels, crows, and even a couple wood chucks, from my back deck out to approx 30 yards. The sprinters will definitely test your abilities.

I love air rifles and have had many. Down to just a few now.
One spring piston rifle and two pre-charged pneumatic rifles.
Beeman R7 in 20 caliber. FX Verminator Mk1 in 22 caliber.
Benjamin Marauder Pistol Carbine in 22 caliber.

I have four. Really only need half of those.
1. Benjamin .22 Discovery w/Barska 3x9-40. My all time favorite. My opinion? The singular best airgun available.
2. Hatsan .25 AT-44. No nonsense beast for larger adversaries; w/Hawke 4x12-42.
3. Benjamin Trail NP2 .22 w/UTC 3x9-40. For those long distance encounters.
4. Ruger Blackhawk .177 open sights. For fun with my grandson.

I have four. Really only need half of those.
1. Benjamin .22 Discovery w/Barska 3x9-40. My all time favorite. My opinion? The singular best airgun available.
2. Hatsan .25 AT-44. No nonsense beast for larger adversaries; w/Hawke 4x12-42.
3. Benjamin Trail NP2 .22 w/UTC 3x9-40. For those long distance encounters.
4. Ruger Blackhawk .177 open sights. For fun with my grandson.

Nice collection.

I was wandering through the Buckley BX yesterday, actually went specifically to check out what guns they had for my b-day. No new guns screamed out to me, but they had a classic Crosman pellet pistol ( American Classic Pistol (.177)) on sale for $30. Just what I needed was another pellet pistol, but what the heck. Shoot be handy for adding Eurasion Dove to the freezer, they have got so dumb I can almost catch them by hand.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I was wandering through the Buckley BX yesterday, actually went specifically to check out what guns they had for my b-day. No new guns screamed out to me, but they had a classic Crosman pellet pistol ( American Classic Pistol (.177)) on sale for $30. Just what I needed was another pellet pistol, but what the heck. Shoot be handy for adding Eurasion Dove to the freezer, they have got so dumb I can almost catch them by hand.

It would be awesome if Turkey would dumb down like that. :)

IMG_7109.JPG

Ready for the Autumn squirrel/raccoon season

Hey all I'm new here so please be gentle. I'm former military but as I'm in the UK i will not post pictures pictures of my firearms. Airguns or pellet guns, here's one of mine until I can work out why the other pictures wont post?

A little project I'm working on at the moment an Air Arms S410

Last edited:
Top Bottom