What's new

H2 gillette slim please help!

That price isn't bad, but it isn't that rare. You will find that price again. It could go two ways: You really like the Slim, in which case you don't mind spending the money for a really nice one, or you don't care for the Slim, and you saved yourself the money. Either way, no big deal.

Have you used a DE razor before? If this is totally new to you, set the adjustment down to 1 for your first pass. If that feels good, either leave it at that for the first shave, or maybe kick it up to 2 for the next pass. Assuming this takes you to at least a "presentable" level of being shaved, I'd probably stop there for the first time.
If you have a little experience with DE razors, maybe start with it at 3 and see where that takes you.

There's all kinds of debate on adjusting up or down during the shave, or finding a level that you like and leaving it there forever. You'll have to see what you prefer. No wrong way as long as you're getting the shave you desire.

This will be my 4th shave. I was just looking at the spacing of my qshave razor that is why I choice 5 because that was the same space for the qshave that I have been using..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That price isn't bad, but it isn't that rare. You will find that price again. It could go two ways: You really like the Slim, in which case you don't mind spending the money for a really nice one, or you don't care for the Slim, and you saved yourself the money. Either way, no big deal.

Have you used a DE razor before? If this is totally new to you, set the adjustment down to 1 for your first pass. If that feels good, either leave it at that for the first shave, or maybe kick it up to 2 for the next pass. Assuming this takes you to at least a "presentable" level of being shaved, I'd probably stop there for the first time.
If you have a little experience with DE razors, maybe start with it at 3 and see where that takes you.

There's all kinds of debate on adjusting up or down during the shave, or finding a level that you like and leaving it there forever. You'll have to see what you prefer. No wrong way as long as you're getting the shave you desire.
This right here.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

OK so guys just finished my shave... I like the weight of the head which just glides. I did my full shave on a level 5 which was great. But when I was doing XTG around my neck area I felt a tug and pulling when I was going across. Than I changed the level to 4 and 6 which didn't help as much. But helped a little. Maybe my lather wasn't slick enough or Smooth. After that I changed back to 5 and went against the grain which went well. Especially the weight which helped it glide. I also felt like there was less audio feed back when I was shaving when I was going ATG. I liked this razor a lot but how am I supposed to utilize the adjustments and when should I? For an everyday shave would I keep it at the same level? Also I am using a personna blade and van Der hagen puck of soap. I used my olive oil natural soap as a pre shave. Post shave bsrbasol stuff I have. I made the lather with a glass bowl and a boar brush. I also showered before I shaved.

I used CLR to clean my slim recently and was very happy with the results. I have very hard water where I live. I just soaked it like the bottle says.

I'm a big fan of adjustables and have a Slim, FB, and two Mergress razors (Progress razors that have been modified).

There is no one "right way" to use an adjustable razor. Some folks pick a number and use that setting for all of the passes. Others start at a lower setting and raise it with each pass. Others do the opposite and start with a higher setting and lower it for each pass. And some folks change the setting depending on what area of the face they are shaving. For example, those folks might use a setting of 6 on their face but only a 4 on their neck.

The one thing a new shaver should be careful about is to get your technique down before playing with the settings. Just keep in mind that most razors are not adjustable. They can be mild, mid-aggressive, or aggressive. The adjustable razor, however, can be changed from mild to aggressive just by changing the settings.

These are the Mergress razors:

full

Here is the FB and Slim:
full

I bought the Slim and FB new. I have been shaving with them since about 1959. So, you can see how well made these razors are.

How do I even deal with the adjustments especially through each pass?

Find a setting you are comfortable with and stick with it. I sometimes alter the setting for different blades but don't see much benefit in changing through the passes.
I like the slim adjustable and they are robust razors. Yours has cleaned up nicely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom