What's new

Vintage Avon find

I never thought any Avon aftershave had menthol, based on feel. But someone posted ingredients from Everest once and it listed menthol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've never seen or noticed menthol in Everest, I do have a few boxes from Spicy that list menthol though. Some days I can feel slight cooling, others it goes completely unnoticed, even when using the same bottle.

Tried the Everest this morning. Nice spice high note (not Old Spice). Settles down quickly to a floral kind of aroma, reminiscent to me of those soaps you find in a hotel. Sort of like Leather A/S but less sweet.

Hey guys, I have a line on a bottle of Tribute with a yellow liquid. But ebay photos of Tribute are dark green. What color is it supposed to be?

Well, Everest started a little spicy (but not like Old Spice at all). It then settled into a floral/woodsy base, sort of like Leather but less sweet. And then it seemed to develop as the day wore on, smelling nicer the longer I wore it. Was still noticeable at 8 hours. I think it's gonna be a keeper.

Been thinking about bottles that take up a minimum of room, came across pictures of the Classic series that look really good for this. I've seen 5 different A/S's in those bottles - how many did Avon make?

Been thinking about bottles that take up a minimum of room, came across pictures of the Classic series that look really good for this. I've seen 5 different A/S's in those bottles - how many did Avon make?

Not sure what you mean.

Oh those. I was thinking something else. Those are Pretty hard to come by. From the late 60s.

First edition decanter, 67-68: bay rum, wild country, leather.

Classics decanter, 69: leather, Windjammer, wild country, tribute,

Oh those. I was thinking something else. Those are Pretty hard to come by. From the late 60s.

First edition decanter, 67-68: bay rum, wild country, leather.

Classics decanter, 69: leather, Windjammer, wild country, tribute,

That few, eh? Hmmm.

Might be possible to scrounge those up. Would make the A/S shelf alot more compact and tidy. I'll have to keep an eye out.

Thanks Vez.

Got some more Avon A/S's coming in. Four decanters from Studio Black Antiques in Kokomo, Indiana - with 3 new-to-me fragrances. (Any locals should really check them out. Very nice to deal with!).

So I picked up a Little Brown Jug off Etsy to use for some Bootleggers, and it's full of Deep Woods. Good stuff! Now I have to use it up. Oh darn!

Deep Woods is only so-so for me. I like Everest more.

Today's acquisitions;
Capitol Building - Spicy, full
Boot - Leather, almost full
Bucking Bronco minus the cowboy - Oland, full
Bay Rum Jug - empty

IMG_5766.JPG

IMG_5765.JPG

Top Bottom