What's new

Well, I finally did it

I ordered a sample of "The Veg".

Maggards has a free shipping over $35 going on, so I put in an order for a few things, including the veg.

I'm pretty sure I won't be one of the chosen, but with all the attention it gets, I just had to give it a try.

I'll let you know.

I wish you luck sir. The Veg chose me and I hope you are as lucky as I was. Otherwise if it doesn't work for you and you have a cat they love the stuff.

Get a good, big, palmful and really wallow in it. Hit the cheeks, get some all over your neck, up behind the ears. Maybe rub some on your chest.

Perhaps save this for an afternoon where you don't need to be around other people.

Word has it that unless the Veg is shipped from overseas, tracking isn’t always necessary because its approaching presence may be increasingly sensed, by the mile.

I got to smell it when I was in Toronto at the beginning of the month. I didn't get past smelling it. Who would put something that smells like that on their face? I know YMMV but man does it stink. :001_07:

Well my Maggards package came in the mail today. I got a new shaving brush, a full sized bottle of Stirling's Sandpiper, Mickey Lee's Drunken Goat AS, sample of Black Ship "Captain's Pipe" shaving soap, sample of L&L's Cuir Et Epices shaving soap, and of course "THE VEG".

I'll have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by the veg. I was expecting a rancid, putrid, horrible smell. But I think it's a nice scent. Probably not something I'd want to wear, but it's not gross. I like it better than quite a number of aftershaves that I have. I like it better than the Drunken Goat, which smells like a cookie scented candle at Bath & Body Works(WAAAAAAAAY too sweet). Now, my wife on the other hand HATES the veg. She says it smells like a nursing home. The smell of old ladies on the brink of death.

So does that mean I'm chosen or not????

Well my Maggards package came in the mail today. I got a new shaving brush, a full sized bottle of Stirling's Sandpiper, Mickey Lee's Drunken Goat AS, sample of Black Ship "Captain's Pipe" shaving soap, sample of L&L's Cuir Et Epices shaving soap, and of course "THE VEG".

I'll have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by the veg. I was expecting a rancid, putrid, horrible smell. But I think it's a nice scent. Probably not something I'd want to wear, but it's not gross. I like it better than quite a number of aftershaves that I have. I like it better than the Drunken Goat, which smells like a cookie scented candle at Bath & Body Works(WAAAAAAAAY too sweet). Now, my wife on the other hand HATES the veg. She says it smells like a nursing home. The smell of old ladies on the brink of death.

So does that mean I'm chosen or not????
I'll leave that declaration to the council elders, seem chosen too me

Good luck! the veg has been in and out of my shopping carts for a long time!

I need to just take the plunge too

I think I finally have this stuff figured out. I recognized this scent when I first got it, but I couldn't quite place it. I tried it out again tonight, and it brought back some memories from long ago, probably 30-40 years ago(I'm getting old:(

Anyway, we had a camper when I was a kid that had a recirculating toilet. The Veg smells just like that blue powder toilet treatment my dad put in the crapper! It brings back good memories from when I was a kid. But since my wife has forbid me from wearing it, and the fact that I don't want to go around smelling like a toilet, this one's going to end up in a PIF some time down the road.

I think I finally have this stuff figured out. I recognized this scent when I first got it, but I couldn't quite place it. I tried it out again tonight, and it brought back some memories from long ago, probably 30-40 years ago(I'm getting old:(

Anyway, we had a camper when I was a kid that had a recirculating toilet. The Veg smells just like that blue powder toilet treatment my dad put in the crapper! It brings back good memories from when I was a kid. But since my wife has forbid me from wearing it, and the fact that I don't want to go around smelling like a toilet, this one's going to end up in a PIF some time down the road.
When you wrote "on the other hand" I kindof had a feeling it wouldn't end well...
I've actually been wanting to try out The Veg as well for a while, would be happy to pay you a couple bucks if you'd be willing to ship me out a sample. It could be saving me from a large-scale catastrophe!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I tried it, I did not find it repulsive just not for me. My dogs on the other hands would not let me near them, they hated it with a passion.
Glad I got to sample it never the less.

One thing about the Veg, you have to let it dry down before you ask an opinion. That pretty much goes for many aftershaves though. I love to revel in the initial blast of odor, but what follows is pure greenhouse full of lilacs luxury!

I do think that a top note is shared with urinal pucks and other room fresheners. But I'm sure the Veg came before the puck! It goes quickly. I think this is what turns a lot of folks off. Especially those who just sniff the bottle.

Try it again, let it dry a half hour and ask your wife to sniff again but tell her it's a new one she never smelled. See if there's a difference. I would be interested in the results.

Best Wishes

Word has it that unless the Veg is shipped from overseas, tracking isn’t always necessary because its approaching presence may be increasingly sensed, by the mile.

Almost here! Ha.

Attachments

• IMG_0167.JPG
    IMG_0167.JPG
    650.2 KB · Views: 13
One thing about the Veg, you have to let it dry down before you ask an opinion. That pretty much goes for many aftershaves though. I love to revel in the initial blast of odor, but what follows is pure greenhouse full of lilacs luxury!

I do think that a top note is shared with urinal pucks and other room fresheners. But I'm sure the Veg came before the puck! It goes quickly. I think this is what turns a lot of folks off. Especially those who just sniff the bottle.

Try it again, let it dry a half hour and ask your wife to sniff again but tell her it's a new one she never smelled. See if there's a difference. I would be interested in the results.

Best Wishes

The scent I am referring to is while wearing it, not the out of bottle smell. This one definitely transforms as it dries down compared to OOB.

Top Bottom