What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

It looks like you used enough epoxy the gap is wide enough you could split them with a bandsaw if you were inclined. I have done that with some small slate backed coticules.

I'll just keep it as it is for now. You can still see the slight yellow streak on the side of it. You can tell it's not what Ardennes usually uses when you take a closer look. My ipone photos don't do it justice. If I do sell it I'll do it on here and have all you as witnesses ��

@KCNWEA: It really looks like glued to slate....... :lol:

New size 10 bout, fast and fine, like it should be :)......

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Greets Sebastian.

Finally gave this a go. I think the old piece of sheffield steel I initially fed it some half strokes gave me a slightly false impression due to the softer steel. I'd say it is sort of on in the mid range of speed on slurry, maybe a hair more. This coti is very interesting in the sense that it has more feel than any other coti I have encountered. It doesn't hide data, you know exactly what is going on with your edge at all times, it's just wonderful to use. I think if all cotis were this way, ppl would never say they are tricky to learn on. Edge came off the stone passing hht silently and off the strop about as well as if I had fed it to a typical finisher. No wonder it has had at least two containers for it in its life, it's a very notable example. Just so easy to use this one, it doesn't even require tricks with pressure. Only bummer is I will probably never see another of whatever vein this is because it is not la verte....

attachment.php

I love a good "talkative" coti. When the feedback is so clear that you never even think to look at the edge. You just know where it is at all times. Nice catch!

Tried my greenie above on a 14 ERN tonight. Same extreme ease of use, same wonderful levels of feedback, great silent hht.

$photo.jpg

kcb5150... looks like your stones brother?Next to it is a LL slurry stone, opposite the hybrid side, for color comparison.I can get a nice edge off this green thing.

I posted this one a little while back and after some use I figured I'd share the story behind it. All of those lines in it arent manganese, most of them were cracks, pretty big ones.

The stone was a surprise in a big lot of shaving stuff I bought a few months ago. It was in a barber hone box and couldn't be seen in the picture on the auction. Well when I got the lot I was excited when I opened the barber hone box but that quickly faded when I saw how busted up the stone looked. There were cracks all along the top of it, one being close to 1/16" wide, and a crack running around the edges along the separation line.

I put it on a shelf and chalked it up as a lost cause. A few weeks ago I was sending a box to a friend to check out some stones and razors and just happened to see that stone, so I threw it in there too to see what he thought about it.

Ended up the stone had been put back together nearly flawlessly sometime in the past with the exception of the one crack down near the corner. The one with the big gap.

After the surgery and a half a tube of super glue my friend had it looking like a perfect stone. After some lapping you can't even tell there was anything done to it unless you hold it to the light and see the reflection of the glue lines.

I am very glad that Scott took the time and effort to save it because this is possibly the finest stone I have ever laid my hands on. It is REALLY hard and is very fast and fine. I had to end up using my belt sander to round the edges on the top.

I will never sell this stone, let one go a few years ago that could have been its twin and I won't make the same mistake twice.

Sorry I didn't really get any good up close pics of the cracks before the repair. The crack in the first pic in the lower left hand corner is the big one.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413494026.751212.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413494081.604273.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413494104.586223.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413494175.685512.jpg

After. I've posted this pic before but it's the only one I have on my phone.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413494198.021739.jpg

I like these very homogenious and clean looking hard stones....

I like the really wild colored ones like the one i have coming, but the clean looking ones are normally the best stones in my experience. But it not always the case either though.

Top Bottom