What's new

FREE WEEK, SOTD "themed week" 21st May - 27th May 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Shaving Soap JabonMan Ylang Ylang / Pachuli / Naranja // Bulmastiff // Polsilver Super Iridium // Plisson EW 12 // RazoRock Aftershave Wax

Friday morning, May 25, 2012

Schick E2 Injector Razor w/ Schick blade (4)
Semogue 1305 boar bristle brush,
TABAC shaving soap w/ hot water lather,
finish with cold water rinse for a DFS!

Attachments

• $TABAC 7.JPG
    $TABAC 7.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 158
Finally Friday Shave

C&E Sienna SS
Semogue Owners Club Boar
G5 Scuttle
Gold Gillette Ball End Tech
Red IP (7)
Alum block
Trumper's Astor Cologne

CCS in 2 passes with a little touch up. As far as scent goes, C&E Sienna is one of my all time favorites. Great lather too. The Astor is an "old" scent - but the strong cedar notes keep me coming back.

TFD: "When there is something we really want to do - we will usually find a way. When there is something we do not want to do - we will usually find an excuse..."

Friday:

Neutrogena Razor defense face scrub
Omega Shaving Soap
Omega Badger Brush
Merkur 34C HD
Feather Blades (3)
Nivea Sensitive post shave balm

proxy.php

This morning, with the Canica Pink Panther Brush and Musgo Real Cream; Edwin Jagger DE89 head with a Russian blade of mi friend milo, in its third use; I thought were a good complement to the today's star-shave.

And the star-shave. My new UFO handle, caliber 15/15, whom I have named Godzilla.

The razor was behaving differently than it does with its Barley handle. Much more poised, more stable, more finisher, but without losing the smoothness of this head geometry associated with the great Russian blade. A clean, perfect and smooth cut. No surprises, no shocks, predictive, reliable.

I can certify that this handle has much improved the final result. The dimensions and proportions are excellent. It handles very well. The weight is adequate and well distributed. You know that I shave in the shower in the tub with running water and wet hands. The grip is phenomenal. The feel is smooth, without burrs, without ribs, but very good grip. No slips with a wet hand or soap dripping fingers.

It is simply delicious. In the end I cried with joy. I can never thank enough to Rafael.

Anyone thinking about this with the price value, weighing whether expensive or cheap, will not hit. Think that to reach this handle Rafael has had to experiment a lot. He had to destroy parts and tools. Anyone who knows the price of good tools know what I mean. This handle is cheap at the price that puts Rafael, to be fair and honest, will continue to be cheap, because the value is very high. It's brutal. There are no more words that occur to me.

Prep: Proraso pre-shave (older formulation) w/warm water splashes
Razor: Started with a Gillette Super Speed Red Tip (1956 - B2), finished with a Muhle R89
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock green (made in India)
Brush: Simpson 46 Berkeley in Best
Cream: Proraso SC (green, new formulation)
Aftershave: Proraso AS splash (older formulation)
Cologne: None

Well, the red tip felt very rough today; perhaps it doesn't like working with the India green blades. The R89, with the same blade, was very smooth. For some reason, the 3 Super Speeds I have work best by far with the IP.

Thanks for reading!

Friday - May 25, 2012

Razor: Schick Injector Type L3
Blade: Injector Personna 74 @2
Soap: Arko
Brush: Omega Boar 10290
A/S: Aqua Velva
:velva2:

25.V.2012

Gillette SuperSpeed 40's style
Personna - Blue Israeli (4)
Omega 10005
Proraso green tub shaving cream
Barbasol Pacific Rush AS lotion

T&H Preshave Oil / Simpson Colonel / D.R. Harris Arlington / Gillette Red Tip SS (7 O'Clock Blue) / Neutrogena After Shave Lotion

proxy.php

Friday Morning:

Omega 10218
RazoRock XXX
Conk Trac-II chrome handle
CVS cartridge

Just a quick 2-pass because yesterday's shave was unbelievably close. DFS.

MDC, Rooney Alibaba large in finest, Fatip with bulldog handle, BIC blade, cade balm, Selection Verte. Very fine shave on a warm evening.

25 MAY 2012

*Gillette New Standard
*Polisilvers
*Semogue LE 2011 Bristle #1
*Mike's Natural Soaps Lavandin
*OSMA alum
*Thayers
*Unrefined Shea Butter

Attachments

• $sotd.JPG
    $sotd.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 105