What's new

The Great Canadian Pass Around Box 5 (Signup + the round) CTB5

I just finished going through the box and looking at all the goodies in there. I have to be efficient in what I pick since I only have a few shaves with it given that I'm "folliclely challenged" and have a slow growing stubble.

I had my wife and son smell each of the scents. We all agree on liking Stirling Margarita's in the Arctic which is a VERY familiar scent to us all. I can't put my finger on it, but it kinda reminds me of the way those gummy coke bottles smell. My wife really liked the scent of Cella.

On a funny note, and I hope I don't offend anyone, but that Lilac Vegetal caused a rather visceral reaction from my son and had him snap his head back. First thing he said was, "that smells like a urinal puck!"

I also had a look at the straight razor, but I may take a pass on it. I have always had a little bit of shaky hands. I'll watch some videos and see how things go though.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Lilac Vegetal smells like Arko? Mmm... Good stuff and good luck with the box!

I have had some time to think about it and have made a selection for tomorrows shave. I'll get a picture then so...

I'll be shaving with what I believe is the RR BBS, Cella and a Lord Platinum blade.

I've looked at Cella and the Lord Platinum's a few times, but never actually hit pay after putting them in the cart.

Luc

Staff member
@nlife, you got it, and phrased it exactly like it should! This box is there for you to try something that you always wanted but never did. It's also great to revisit things that you did not use in a while! I hope you enjoy the stuff! Without seeing a picture, you got the razor right.

Today was a shaving day for the hero of this story! 5 days worth of growth and a new-to-me setup. My wife really liked the smell of Cella and it's something I've had in my cart a few times, but never actually purchased. I've also had my eye on the Lord Platinum blades for some time as well. Again, I've had them in the cart, but never hit purchase.

I believe the razor is the RR BBS aluminum. It's never been something I've considered in the past, but it was here and looked interesting so I decided to give it a go.

20240524_113754.jpg

Overall the shave was pleasant. I find that the aluminum BBS had quite a bit of drag to it compared to the GC line. In fact, it was a lot like the Henson AL13 that way. Perhaps its the material itself, or just the fact that it's so light. I'm not sure.

I didn't mind the blade, but I didn't find it as comfortable as the GSB that I currently use in my GC .68. I did get some sting from the alum bar, but nothing serious. I also missed the same dang spot under my left jaw line that has plagued me since I've started DE shaving. Just something about that area that gives me fits.

The Cella performed quite nicely. I ran my finger over my cheek both before and after a pass to check on the slickness of the soap. It's a decent performing soap.

Now the long wait before the next shave...

Luc

Staff member
You could shave and leave a goatee and then, shave that goatee the next day... Just saying, you could double your shaves... If you want...

Great start!

Top Bottom