What's new

I skipped today's shave because...

I've seen so many threads about SOTD, Blade used, soaps used and so on. Yes why not- after all its a shaving forum and people want to post products they have used and the shave experience.

There are some days we skip a shave. Reaon could be anythinf from being lazy, in a hurry where appearance didn't matter, a rule to not shave once a week, or use of an aggressive razor or a bad shave nicks or weekend and a day off to heal.

How about this thread to log reasons which is the opposite of - what did we shave with today?

I'll start

I skipped today's shave as I used the ATT classic H1 whole of last week, then an M2 and thought about giving my face a day to rest before the weekday starts, as the ATT classic range being awesome razors can get overwhelming at times.

Sent by the Shave Maharaja from his SM-A705GM using Tapatalk

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
COVID life/work style has changed my game from shaving usually 5 days a week and probably skipping the weekend. I haven’t been shaving as much definitely not 5 days. I guess it’s laziness because I’m not “meeting my public” No other reason really. Often I’ve been showering and shaving at night something I’d never do pre C. Currently I haven’t shaved in 3 days.

I skip my shaves because I’m lazy and just don’t feel like shaving. In a business setting I’d need a shave every day, in reality I shave ever 3/4 days because that’s how I feel. Although sometimes 2/3 weeks go by and I still haven’t shaved.

I shave as often as possible. I'm a firm believer in the old adage: "The shorter the whisker, the better the shave". You can't let those little devils get leverage on you or they start to tug back.

Last edited:
I didn’t shave yesterday as I was busy. Also, I had a very close Friday shave with a bit of irritation so felt my face could use a rest.

I figure I shave 6.5 times a week on average. I might miss a Sat or Sun shave every couple of weeks.

Ok well decided not to shave today. For 1 I had a drink with lunch, and plan on having a few more beers. 2nd, even though I love to shave every day, knocking down more than 1 days growth is so fun and satisfying. Looking forward to it tomorrow.

In general I shave about 4 times a week.

I think it's mostly due to that my face cannot handle a 3 pass shave everyday.

I have thought about trying a 2 pass shave for everyday and seeing how that turns out?

But since I prefer to shave in the mornings. It cuts into me sleep time on days I work.

In general I shave about 4 times a week.

I think it's mostly due to that my face cannot handle a 3 pass shave everyday.

I have thought about trying a 2 pass shave for everyday and seeing how that turns out?

But since I prefer to shave in the mornings. It cuts into me sleep time on days I work.
I switched from a 3 pass shave to a 2 pass shave and it’s worked really well for me and saves a lot of time. The skin on my neck is fairly prone to irritation, so I get a tiny bit more irritation that way, and the occasional weeper, but it’s worth it for me for the time I save. And it really is a minor difference.

Go slow your first time and see what your skin thinks.

Top Bottom