SOTD: 1/9/21
Razor: Takara 13/16
Brush: Ca Yuen Workshop "Ruby Flake " 26mm Timberwolf
Pre-shave: PAA Tube 2.0 Mentholated
Shave Bowl: Van Yulay honeycomb bowl
Soap: TOBS Lime Zest
Post Shave: Thayers Cucumber Skin Toner
Osage Rub
The combination of a mentholated prèshave and Osage Rub will certainly wake you up[emoji51]
Note to self—Got to remember that just because the SR is singing doesn’t necessarily mean it is cutting. Got to watch that angle to skin, keep it low and whisker removal is more efficient!
proxy.php

PXL_20210109_161852536-01.jpeg

PAX 178
Eufros Fougere
Heritage Collection Merit 99-5
TOBS Eaton College

Decided today called for a full hollow. The PAX stepped up and provided a very smooth, close, and crazy loud shave.

Dug into the soap stockpile to add a little variety. First time using Eufros. Very nice, but I didn't see a huge difference from my usual Tabac and MWF. The scent was otherworldly though. Very nice.

Worth the wait...

After two days of ignoring the den, I really needed to shave. Plus, I needed to motivate restoration of two Sheffield razors I stumbled over this fall. So it was Sheffield Saturday, taking time for all aspects of a quality shave.

Strops: balsa progression (overkill) plus Kanayama 30000
Prep: icy tubed Col Conk Amber lather/wash, using my heavy metal boar with the re-knot still breaking in
Razor: Wade&Butcher barber's notch heavy grind
Lather: Arko stick (long time since August), black walnut boar (probably time to commit to this knot and glue it down)
After: Richard's Rub badger blend, Lucky Tiger AS/FT
D424E827-57F6-4EF5-AC40-37BB8BF5F58B.jpeg

DD498FD3-AE9E-4574-A014-15C0D63E9E06.jpeg

Wow! First 'stubble reduction' pass went to high end CCS grade. Second pass got everything except the swirling remains in the hollows of the neck.

McLellan "The Hamburg Ring"
WK Vor V
Rubberset
Tony Miller Strop
Jnat Shobu Finish
WK Vor V AS Splash
20210110_084538.jpg

nice English blade paired with a wonderful Siero based soap. very much enjoying Jnat edges. regretably my first weekend without hunting. have to relearn what to do with free time and sleeping in to 7.

be well all.

camo

Last edited:
Top Bottom