What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Will not be shaving until tonight, but wanted to update on last nights shave.
It has now been 13 hours since my first shave using my Ti .68 SS and my face
is still BBS! Was wondering, since the shave was so smooth, was it efficient?
Well the answer is hell yes, I am really impressed. Thanks for all help I have
gotten from everyone. Have some SV Cubebe arriving today, so tonight’s shave
will be exactly the same except for the soap.

2nd shave today.
Evening shave courtesy of Shave Roulette bet :

Cream : Old Spice Fresh Lime
Brush : Pearl Long 22 mm Synthetic
Bowl : Pereira Shaving Bowl
Razor : RazoRock BBS
Blade : Winner Stainless Steel (1)
Aftershave : Nivea SASB

Shave : BBS Confirm
Rating (heartless) : 8/10
IMG_20210106_195026.jpg

1609947212134.jpeg

Brush: Wild West Brushworks / 26mm Declaration Grooming B9A
Soap: Zingari Man - The Watchman
Razor: Rockwell 6C / R4
Blade: Gillette Platinum

10/10: Incredible, and makes me wish that I could pull a Ruds and go beyond 10. I won’t, but sometimes it feels like I should with Zingari and this Rockwell. I love this scent, and it bodes well for future Zingari scents, even as Heather plans to phase out favorites like The Explorer.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum shave soap
Soap: Old Spice Shave Cream (tube)
Brush: Captain's Choice Tuxedo synthetic
Razor: Karve Brass SB (Plate B)
Blade: Kai SS (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Bay Rum scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Bootlegger's Bay Rum

Didn't have a chance to shave yesterday...got called into work earlier than usual. Great shave this morning though although posting this a bit late, also, once again, due to time constraints in the early morning. Finally received my Captain's Choice Tuxedo synth brush. It's a well-packed knot with good backbone for a synthetic. It lathered the Old Spice cream effortlessly and was a pleasure to use to paint it on afterwards. This brush, my Simpson Trafalgar and my Semogue Pharos...all synthetics...have the best backbone...not too flimsy nor too easy to splay. This morning, DFS/BBS with no injuries.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20210106.jpg

Last edited:

JCarr

Evening shave, 3 days growth was waiting until my Ti Stainless got here.

Pre: Hot towel
Soap: MDC Argumes
Brush: Simpson’s M7 Best
Blade: Polsilver (1)
Razor: Timeless Stainless. .68 first use

Absolutely one of the best shaves I have ever had, the weight of the razor made it
very easy to let the razor determine the pressure, it cut thru 3 days growth like it
was nothing, incredible BBS without trying. Can not wait until tomorrow evening.

10/10 👍👍👍👍👍View attachment 1204730

Happy for you. Absolutely beautiful razor...may you get many, many years of good use out of it. They are very nice shavers.

This brush, my Simpson Trafalgar and my Semogue Pharos...all synthetics...have the best backbone...not too flimsy and easy to splay. This morning, DFS/BBS with no injuries.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!
I haven't seen many posts with Semogue Pharos brush. It's beautiful brush, but not much is known about its performance to me.
Trafalgars are well known.
Whenever you get time, do share some photos and performance of the Pharos as well

JCarr

I haven't seen many posts with Semogue Pharos brush. It's beautiful brush, but not much is known about its performance to me.
Trafalgars are well known.
Whenever you get time, do share some photos and performance of the Pharos as well

This is the stiffest, scruffiest synthetic that I have and my collection right now stands at 13 synthetic brushes. If I am using a soap that I find to be a little bit tougher to load/lather up, I will try to grab the Pharos. If my memory serves me well, I don't think this brush was costly at all. Portuguese stamps all over the package when it arrived! Has been a very good brush. You can see Semogue on the brush in the picture, but that was on a clear plastic sticker which did not survive long. That's ok with me though..."Semogue" was carved into the bottom of the handle! Again, if memory serves me well, I think it came in three different colors at the time I purchased it...went with the seafoam green. The wood is very lightly lacquered so it has a kind of natural appearance to it which is a nice departure from the usual plastic/resin material used for brush handles. You can detect in the picture that it has a mild sheen on the wood and that picture isn't the best. Also, that top silvery band I think is not painted...I had a Parker Badger that had one of those and after about four uses it started to flake off and it became an ugly gray plastic. I've had this Semogue Pharos for a while and there is absolutely no flaking...so I'm guessing it's not paint. I could be wrong, but it has so far, stood the test of time. Very nice accent. It's comfortable in the hand...brush is on the smaller side, but not too small that you end up with soap all over your fingers and hand.

Semogue Pharos.jpg

Last edited:
Good shave today, three-pass, 9/10, BBS, no nicks, one teeny weeper, no irritation. I think I'll shave daily for a while, so much stuff to enjoy.

Razor: Kai/Kasho Woody
Blade: Schick P-30 (1)
Brush: Vulfix 374 Silvertip
Soap: Stirling Varen
Post shave:
rinse, alum, then a big splash of Barbasol Brisk- menthol feel lasted at least 10 minutes :001_smile

Here's hoping your razor stays true, and today's shave satisfies you!
PXL_20210106_155806891.jpg

Last edited:
PSX_20210105_084700.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB .38
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Duke Cannon Supply Company Ice Cold Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating Ten

Pre Shave: Warm shower, Glycerin Soap Face Wash, Crown Pre Shave Gel
Razor: Twig by Leaf
Blade: Half of an Astra SP
Brush: West Coast Shaving Beacon Silvertip
Soap: B&M Reserve Lavender
Post Shave: Stypic Pencil, Alum Stick, Cold water rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Stirling Unscented Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 8.75/10 Nice three pass BBS shave. Five weepers, minor irritation and no cuts. Descent Shave! Second shave with the Twig, jury still out if I like it or not. It is a nice mild razor and is somewhat like using an injector.

Razor: Gillette 1952 Black Tip SuperSpeed
Blade: Gillette Super Thin (1st)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Lennon/Sinatra handle & Oumo Knot
Pre-Shave: Face Wash & Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Shannon's Soaps - Forest City Fern
Aftershave: Strike Gold - The Gipper

Additional Care:
Shaving All Star Cards: King Gillette
EDP: Mandarina Duck - Black Extreme
46F82C69-4AFE-41F3-8FCA-C15E11EC47C7.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.9/10
Back to Black...and White - simpler times
Remember when the whole world was in black in white? Back before it turned to colour in the late 1960s?
Today I thought I’d have a black and white shave for nostalgia's sake.
A couple of shaves ago I stated that my Gillette Blue Tip might be the gentlest razor I own...I spoke too soon. Now I’m pretty sure the Black Tip edges it out of top spot.

A stealth Razor. If my face wasn’t so smooth I wouldn’t even know this Gillette had ever been there. I cant even give you a report on the Gillette “Super Thin” blade as I never felt it once. I kept checking the tightening mechanism on the razor to make sure it was screwed down.

My bowl runneth over! It seems like this Shannon’s soap can keep taking water for ever and stay thick and creamy...super slick too. I finally had to stop adding any more because my bowl couldn’t contain it. A pleasure to shave with.

“The Gipper”. As always, one of my all time favorite scented aftershaves. A true manly scent.

Razor: GEM Micromatic Open Comb, chrome plated, with the two bumps on the baseplate
Blade: GEM by Personna SS PTFE (5)
Brush: RazoRock Barber 24 synthetic
Soap: Cella, red tub
Rating: 10

This morning's shave on 2 days of growth. Easy BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes. No burning and no irritation. I am fortunate that this MMOC razor is gentle but very efficient for me, and it is my favorite GEM razor. I must be more careful with my Fatip and Above the Tie R2 and H2 open comb DE razors than with this MMOC.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Wednesday morning shave

Razor: Rich Leukroth
Brush: Boar
Soap: Tabac

European flair this morning and a fine shave indeed. Italy, France and Germany (twice) were the hot spots on my shaving journey. Happy Wednesday and congrats to my southern brothers and sisters in you World Junior victory over the North. Hard fought!

1C1B2D86-1DB0-4DDD-9EB4-A0272D5FA804.jpeg

9/10

Top Bottom