What's new

Fake weather reports

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
For the last 2 months my local weather channels have been reporting tempertures 7 to 10 degrees more then what I show on my digital and mercury thermometers. Also, their "weather models" that predict up and coming rain (or no rain) are not correct. Yesterday, they predicted 105F here in Austin Texas. I compared that with my digital and mercury thermometers at 98.

And don't get me started on the "feel like temperatures" stupid index. How does a weather person know how or what I feel????

Last edited:
In frozen Canada in the winter we get the 'wind chill factor' along with the weather reports. "... the current temperature is -23 Celsius, but with the wind it feels like -32..." type reports.

Totally agree. TV local and national weather guys say different things on the same day, rain, no rain, wind no wind that kinda thing. Then they report the high temperatures at Heathrow airport as being the highest of the day. Well der......big open space being heated up all day will be reflecting more heat than a housing estate, idiots. Most accurate forecast I get is, morning curtains open look outside and decide my self.

And another thing. While I understand that you may need weather warnings in the USA because of hurricanes etc but here in the UK we get, and I quote " yellow alert for thunderstorms, that's the lowest level of alert,". Well if its the lowest level why tell me. I need to be told about the worst thunderstorms. Wasn't like this when I was a kid. All we had was, cold, colder, rain, lots of rain, hot, very hot.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
My local weather is measured at the airport which is just outside the city. It can be a lot cooler there because they arent surrounded by asphalt and concrete with buildings blocking the breeze.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
In frozen Canada in the winter we get the 'wind chill factor' along with the weather reports. "... the current temperature is -23 Celsius, but with the wind it feels like -32..." type reports.

I remember in the 1980's when I lived in Regina they use to put scrolling warnings on the bottom of the TV screen at -40. "WIND CHILL WARNING IN EFFECT EXPOSED SKIN WILL FREEZE IN LESS THAN ONE MINUTE" Maybe they still do, but I'm glad it doesnt get that cold here in Southern Ontario.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
My local weather is measured at the airport which is just outside the city. It can be a lot cooler there because they arent surrounded by asphalt and concrete with buildings blocking the breeze.
Right...or maybe wrong. Our local news stations use Camp Mabry or Bergstrom International airport as their temperature gauge. Both are surrounded by more concrete then the Hoover Dam.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Wait ...your local airport is not surrounded by asphalt and concrete? Must be a landing strip of grass.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
For the last 2 months my local weather channels have been reporting tempertures 7 to 10 degrees more then what I show on my digital and mercury thermometers. Also, their "weather models" that predict up and coming rain (or no rain) are not correct. Yesterday, they predicted 105F here in Austin Texas. I compared that with my digital and mercury thermometers at 98.

And don't get me started on the "feel like temperatures" stupid index. How does a weather person know how or what I feel????
I'll betcha all a nickel he hadn't had any coffee in him when he posted that! Any takers?

Top Bottom