What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 30th - April 5th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best friend kindergarten on recently passed away after a long battle with cancer. Although we remained close all of our lives shaving was never in our conversation until he became sick and I spent more time with him. Turns out he and I were both DE and SE shavers and he had posted tons of SOTD on another forum and was quite the photographer. In his honor I would like to share some of his SOTD posts here, Fair Winds Eric!
View attachment 1080863

Palmolive Stick
Ever Ready 1500
Ever Ready Streamline with Feather SE
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, man. May the winds carry him to greener lands.

Tuesday, 3/31:

20200331_093158.jpg

Razor - Razorock Game Changer 0.84-P
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Green
Brush - Grizzly Bay "Kashyyyk" 26mm HMW badger
Soap - Mike's Natural Coconut
A/S - Brickell unscented balm

My God, how a razor can simultaneously be this smooth and shave this close is beyond me. Every shave with it has left me sans irritation of any kind and always very, very close results. And it just feels great while I'm using it. "Kashyyyk" was like a nice soft pillow on the face; great splay, but also very dense and good backbone. Supremely lovely brush. I purposely underloaded the soap a little to hydrate it more quickly, but it worked great; great glide, nice smooth post-shave, no fuss. Another awesome shave. This razor is absolutely a daily driver for me.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD,Tue March 31st 2020

Razor : Oneblade Core Version 2 - MFG 2018> excellent daily driver with a GEM blade!
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9)
Soap: Colonel Conk Bay Rum- I really find this soap really easy to use with reasonable lather qualities!
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf whiskers 24mm- great brush.
Pre shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 3. -just as good as Menthol Buzz feel.
Post shave: Avon "True gent"cologne with witch hazel + Avon True gent balm instead of Nivea .
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + very little irritation + no weepers = :a17: great shave in my books.

SOTD,Tue March 31st 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Thank you. Brian at Charcoal Goods does most of the work. This is the antique brass option for his razors. They arrive dark and lighten up after use. I can give it touch ups using Brass Black metal finish if I want to darken it again. As nice as it looks, it shaves even better.

So this Brass Black stuff can force the patina?

So this Brass Black stuff can force the patina?
Yes, kind of. It doesn't necessarily force patina, it adds a stain.

I takes a few applications of the Brass Black to get the antique brass look. It was recommended to me by Brian at Charcoal Goods, so it came from a pretty reliable source. It does wear off eventually, thus the reapplication needed if you like the darker brass look.

I kinda like how my mine is progressing. The top cap is the area that gets the most wear (see following pic). I have not used the Brass Black on the top cap for many shaves/months. I was waiting to see it how I liked the contrast of brass top cap on antique brass baseplate and handle.

IMG_4757.jpeg

Well I must ask is there anything quite as good as the simple Tech loaded with a Feather blade? Well of course there is which is why we all have umpteen number of razors in our collections! However, it is one mild yet efficient beauty with a Feather or Kai or whatever your poison may be.

Soap of the day is Dr Jon 13...March 31 backwards! Yup, 13. There is no magic mojo here I just pray April brings us hope, joy and good health! Lovely scent and great performer.

Very nice three pass BBS shave achieved. 13 I found slicker than Flowers in the Dark but that could simply be the experience gained from the latter in lathering the former. Topped it off with some English Laundry Windsor EDP and deodorant. Perfect.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Tech - Ball End - Gold
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Lather: Dr Jon’s 13
Aftershave: Dr Jon’s 13
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
English Laundry Windsor Deodorant Stick
English Laundry Windsor
DC7B91FB-D860-4339-9398-B77C05663816.jpeg

proxy.php

SOTD 03/31/2020

Curiosamente hoy al hacer la espuma en el suribachi habia mezclado sin querer los restos del jabón del dia anterior,y voilá ha salido una espuma increible con aromas mezclados y no por éllo con un gran resultado tanto en deslizamiento como proteccion.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: TATARA Masamune peine cerrado #188

Blade: FEATHER Hi-Stainless Double Edge

Brush: FRANK SHAVING Finest Badger Manchurian 26 x 55 mm crema.

Pre-Shave: Ducha caliente

Lather: MITCHELL'S WOOL FAT

Aftershave: FLOID Blue

Additional Care:

MYRSOL emulsión

Last edited:
3/30/20
Martin de Candre
Plisson pour L'Occitane
11/16 J.A. Henckels #415
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
Omega Alum Stick