What's new

1930 Gillette Windsor??

Technically, yes, it's a Windsor. The US version didn't have a fancy name, just referred to as a NEW set. At least, I've never seen a set in the US called Windsor, only the ones made in the UK. The Windsor's brother, the Regent, was available in both the UK and US as "Regent".

Good price, nice score!

Last edited:
Really? That's interesting, what does he say?

He says
"The Windsor was put up in an "Attractive Green Cross-Grain Tarek-Covered Metal Case with Double Gold Border on Cover and Lined with Light Brown velveteen. 24-K Gold-plated NEW GILLETTE Safety Razor; Gold-plated Blade Box containing 1 NEW GILLETTE Blade. List Price $!.00""

I have this set and it is exactly as described.
Len

He says
"The Windsor was put up in an "Attractive Green Cross-Grain Tarek-Covered Metal Case with Double Gold Border on Cover and Lined with Light Brown velveteen. 24-K Gold-plated NEW GILLETTE Safety Razor; Gold-plated Blade Box containing 1 NEW GILLETTE Blade. List Price $!.00""

Len

i, too, have the same set.

I recently came across a similar, if not identical set in a rectangular metal (gold toned) box. The box was quite attractive as it had very ornate embossing on the cover. Can anyone point me in the dicton of a source where I can learn more about it?

H

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread...

Thanks for the info and the link to that site. Very interesting. The case I saw saw far more ornate that any on that siter, and the razor employed small facets not posts to line up the blade, like the Goodwill. What are good prices for such ornate boxed sets?

H

He says

Len

+1

here is a picture from the french price list. The US-set is the same:

proxy.php

So in the UK, be it Great Britain or France, it was officially called the Windsor. I've not seen any American ads or otherwise referring to a set by the same name.

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread...

Thanks for the info and the link to that site. Very interesting. The case I saw saw far more ornate that any on that siter, and the razor employed small facets not posts to line up the blade, like the Goodwill. What are good prices for such ornate boxed sets?

H
to the best of my limited knowledge the goodwill didn't come in an ornate case, gold or otherwise. did you look at the new improved photos? (they also came in several different ornate gold cases.) perhaps you have a mismatched set?
what did the handle look like? a photo would be good.

He says

Len

Thank You For the Info!!:thumbup:

Found mine at Mr Razor also. My green case looks like it was dragged into the 21st century at the end of a chain, but the razor & handle (minus the blade bank) look as new.

to the best of my limited knowledge the goodwill didn't come in an ornate case, gold or otherwise. did you look at the new improved photos? (they also came in several different ornate gold cases.) perhaps you have a mismatched set?
what did the handle look like? a photo would be good.
My Good Will came in a cardboard box with green printing.

Top Bottom