What's new

*CONFIRMED* King C Gillette blades are *NOT* rebranded Platinums!

After several weeks of Procter & Gamble customer service looking into it for me, I can finally confirm/bust a myth of something which has been something of a discussion point on a specific item of shaving hardware - King C Gillette blades, re: are they/aren't they just rebranded Platinums? Answer? NO

This has been floating around for a while with some people thinking they feel the same, and some adamant they don't or that they have different longevity. I know the RazorEmporium video on the KCG he said his 'contact' told him that they were just rebranded Platinums, but it seems maybe the contact was incorrect.

Cheers
Remember titan Gate "it's safe". Sadly most of the time you can take what these people say with the pinch of salt.

The end result is if you like the blades you'll pay the money for them and if you think they're just up priced platinums you won't buy them. Basically it's a matter of suck it and see and if it leaves a bitter taste in your mouth you won't buy them again.

I'm older and have lost some sensory facial nerves over the decades. I get low effort BBS shaves with platinum, GSB, King Cs, and Nacet blades. I do get less resistance from GSB, Nacets, and King C than I do from either of the plats. So, in my opinion, they are a little different, but that difference disappears after the first or second shave. Could that be the amount and type of coating?

I am very happy to use any of the above on any given day.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm older and have lost some sensory facial nerves over the decades. I get low effort BBS shaves with platinum, GSB, King Cs, and Nacet blades. I do get less resistance from GSB, Nacets, and King C than I do from either of the plats. So, in my opinion, they are a little different, but that difference disappears after the first or second shave. Could that be the amount and type of coating?

I am very happy to use any of the above on any given day.
I think you hit it on the head.

Too many of us toss a blade after one use because it was a little bit irritating. I definitely get a better shave the second time around with a GSB, Astra SS, and just about any coated blade. The Gillette Platinum on its FIRST use though are like a GSB AFTER it's first use. Another "YMMV" instance I suppose.

I agree with the title, they are similar ime, but the KCGs are decidedly sharper than Platinum Light Blue and in a DE89 smoother, not so much in a 3one6 though, or at least not that I could really be certain, maybe a hair smoother. They seem to last at least several more shaves as well.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I agree with the title, they are similar ime, but the KCGs are decidedly sharper than Platinum Light Blue and in a DE89 smoother, not so much in a 3one6 though, or at least not that I could really be certain, maybe a hair smoother. They seem to last at least several more shaves as well.
I need to buy some of these. Thanks for the input my friend!

Top Bottom