What's new

Gillette NEW 'President' - Engraved combination set

Gillette NEW 'President'

• I still can't quite believe that I managed to find the correct case and fittings for my lonely 'President'-razor, but this rare combination set for sure looks good in the collection 🥳
  • Some of you have maybe seen or are at least aware that Gillette actually also sold this set with all metal items being silver plated instead of gold. But so far the shaving community has never been able to find proof in sales ads or Gillette catalogs.
  • I can now present a never seen before(at least by most) catalog from Spain by Gillette that shows both options. Whereas the American ad which has been known for years only mentions the gold option.
  • Enjoy!

IMG_2521.jpeg
IMG_2522.jpeg
IMG_2523.jpeg
IMG_2524.jpeg
IMG_2525.jpeg
IMG_2526.jpeg
Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 18.07.50.png
Aristocrat & President ad.jpg

So gorgeous Mikkel!!! :ouch1:

…Just supplementing with proof that a few silver ones still exist (5 in total, I believe) :biggrin1: The shave to me is identical to my standard New Deluxe - and very nice indeed.

View attachment 1625459View attachment 1625460
Yup, it's indeed a good looking one 👌🏼

I have counted 6 specimens plated in silver so far, so that gives a tiny bit of hope that one day I will be able to get the pair sitting next to each other 😄

That's really fantastic. When I read "President" I was expecting the 50s rhodium razor.

By the way, are those Kro-Man blades??? :eek2:

That's really fantastic. When I read "President" I was expecting the 50s rhodium razor.

By the way, are those Kro-Man blades??? :eek2:
Well the 50's 'President'-razor which was part rhodium and part nickel plated for sure looks good, but this 30's 'President' is of course on a different level 🙂

Yes that's a full pack of Kro-man blades 👌🏼

Well the 50's 'President'-razor which was part rhodium and part nickel plated for sure looks good, but this 30's 'President' is of course on a different level 🙂

Yes that's a full pack of Kro-man blades 👌🏼

Oh sure, your razor is in a completely different league!

I have been chasing those Kro-Man blades for years, but they seem harder to find than a black 1-5 bottom dial :sad:

Top Bottom