What's new

Pick only one soap: what would it be and why?

Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti. Excellent scent & performance.

IMG_0065.jpg

Just one? It's tough to choose. But I'd have to go with Williams - I learned lathering on this soap, it's the slickest soap I've found, locally available, and dirt cheap ($0.99).

Barrister & Mann Reserve Lavender. I have a few soaps that perform better, but the B&M has the best combination of my favorite attributes in a single soap.

If you ask me the same question ten times, I'll probably give you five different answers. For today, I'll go with D.R. Harris Windsor.

If you ask me the same question ten times, I'll probably give you five different answers. For today, I'll go with D.R. Harris Windsor.
Same... It is too tough a decision with an answer that's ever changing.

Today I'd likely choose summer break soaps teachers pet. Who knows how Id feel tomorrow.

Couldn't tell you. It would have to be something unscented or with a simple/versatile scent (lavender or cedar maybe), and something permanently available (which rules out several of my favourites)

If I had to pick one of the soaps I'm currently using, maybe Midnight & Two Provence. But I won't buy it at regular price.

MdC Fougere

Great performance with a classic smell that is not overpowering. I don't think I could get tired of it.

+1

Not just the performance and scent, but also the value. I’ve had my jar for about four years, and it’s still 95% full (and I bought it used). Granted, I have a huge collection, but I’m pretty sure MdC is my lowest cost-per-shave.

Top Bottom