What's new

Oh my is this even use able??? Came across online.

Do you wanna try it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, I think you can buy it.
It looks just like my Ying Jili I bought at Alie for €1,66 including shipping to netherlands
It's a decent razor, gives a smooth and effective shave.
1 downside, the plates are very thin. So it feels not very comfortable to change the blades.
Used it with Wilkinson classic, Astra Super Platinum and Gillette Rubie blades

The advantage of a thin base plate is that you can bend it to make one side more aggressive for pass 1, then switch to the milder side for pass 2 and 3.

I choose to support local business' when I can or countries on my personal list of I'll do business with them if I can. China is on my I'll do business with them if I HAVE to list. For shaving stuff, I don't HAVE to. I'd rather have one good thing than ten cheap things. I'm particular about my items. Always have been, always will be. I don't care what I "miss" out on. I care that I get quality for what I do buy. I think I have too much clutter and duplication of items in my life now, *** do I need with YAR or YAB. (yet another razor, yet another brush) If Ali gave me the stuff for free, I wouldn't want it.
The Yaqi synthetic brushes are very good quality, much better than the name brand synthetic I bought when I first started DE shaving. It’s a mistake to assume that everything made in China is rubbish. They’re capable of making high quality items as well as churning out cheap rubbish.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
The Yaqi synthetic brushes are very good quality, much better than the name brand synthetic I bought when I first started DE shaving. It’s a mistake to assume that everything made in China is rubbish. They’re capable of making high quality items as well as churning out cheap rubbish.

I don't beleive everything produced there is od low quality. I generally abhor the business climate the commies foster and won't support it if I can help it.

I don't beleive everything produced there is od low quality. I generally abhor the business climate the commies foster and won't support it if I can help it.
If I avoided buying from countries whose governments I disliked, I’d run out of places to shop I think.

This will likely be seen as off-topic, but considering we're talking China hopefully some of you will find these numbers interesting.

Here's the number of people living at or below the international poverty line in China in each year:

1990: 755 million, total population was 1135 million (aka 1.135 billion, but I'll keep it in millions for comparison's sake), 66.5% of the population below the international poverty line
1996: 511 million, total population 1218 million, 42% of the population below the international poverty line
1999: 507 million, total population 1253 million, 40.5% of the population below the international poverty line
2005: 244 million, total population 1304 million, 18.7% of the population below the international poverty line
2010: 149 million, total population 1338 million, 11.1% of the population below the international poverty line
2015: 0.7 million (aka 700,000), total population 1371 million, 0.5% of the population below the international poverty line

(Source, The World Bank)

Or if you want it in pictorial form:
Screenshot 2019-09-10 at 10.16.50.png

Guys, the OP abandoned the thread a long time ago.
He does this with all his postings - starts and disappears not acknowledging he cares about or follows it.

It's a pity he's giving people the impression that the only options for wet shavers in Thailand are eBay and AliExpress though. If any other residents of this country happen across B&B, they should know that Connaught Shaving in the UK ship worldwide at very reasonable prices, as does one of the US vendors who's name I've forgotten (could be Maggards but I'm not sure?) Then there's shaving.ie in Ireland and the store in Spain (?), who's name I've also forgotten. Plenty of sellers on Etsy with reasonable shipping prices too (and eBay for that matter). Things might not be as good here as they are for American wet shavers but they're not that difficult either. Cheap Feather blades are plentiful if you like them (I don't), as are Astra SS blades. There's also a company in Thailand that sells Muhle razors for reasonable prices, although once you knock the VAT off Connaught's prices, it's still cheaper to buy from them, even including the shipping fee. Last but not least, there are the intrepid few on the Buy-Sell-Trade forum who are not afraid to ship outside of CONUS. :eek:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Guys, the OP abandoned the thread a long time ago.
He does this with all his postings - starts and disappears not acknowledging he cares about or follows it.

People are still reading and learning. I make every post with the thought that hopefully, it will help someone sometime. That may take years but the threads are here for a reason.

If any other residents of this country happen across B&B, they should know that Connaught Shaving in the UK ship worldwide at very reasonable prices, as does one of the US vendors who's name I've forgotten (could be Maggards but I'm not sure?)

Yep, Maggard. I have yet to pay more than $5 shipping to me in Canada from either store! Orders take 15-20 days, but thats ok.

People are still reading and learning. I make every post with the thought that hopefully, it will help someone sometime. That may take years but the threads are here for a reason.

Yep, Maggard. I have yet to pay more than $5 shipping to me in Canada from either store! Orders take 15-20 days, but thats ok.
That's quite a wait. Connaught's shipments normally get to me in about 6-8 days. Stuff I've ordered from Canada sent ordinary first class post (or whatever it's called there) takes maybe 9-10 days at the most I think.

But it's no big deal, as you say. I'm always like a kid at Christmas when I'm waiting for a delivery but when whatever it is I've ordered arrives, it might sit on a shelf for weeks before I get round to trying it.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
That's quite a wait. Connaught's shipments normally get to me in about 6-8 days. Stuff I've ordered from Canada sent ordinary first class post (or whatever it's called there) takes maybe 9-10 days at the most I think.

But it's no big deal, as you say. I'm always like a kid at Christmas when I'm waiting for a delivery but when whatever it is I've ordered arrives, it might sit on a shelf for weeks before I get round to trying it.

I dont mind the wait but quicker would be better. I think parts of the Canada Post route are still done the old way. By canoe on the fur trade routes lol.

I dont mind the wait but quicker would be better. I think parts of the Canada Post route are still done the old way. By canoe on the fur trade routes lol.
To be fair to Canada Post, it probably doesn't help that you're on a moon orbiting Jupiter.

@ShaverAZ

You don't do business with AliExpress. It's only a platform. You actually do business with many different sellers. Every seller offers different shipping methods. Some sellers offer up to 6 methods, but always the cheaper one is selected by default.
My observations are, when you buy on ebay form Chinese sellers, the shipping takes less time. Ebay's deadlines are shorter than on Aliexpress. On aliexpress it's 60 days before you can start a dispute. And I have even received goods after 80 days.
There are also Chinese sellers on E-Bay who represent themselves as US sellers. They have US shipping addresses. The clue is their delivery times are extended to 10 days or more. Their offer indicates the product is in the US, and a tracking number is issued almost immediately. But there will be no further action showing in (usually USPS) tracking beyond "Tracking Number Provided" until they get delivery of the item from China - they don't actually have any US inventory, so you wait until it delivers to them & they forward on to you. It's cheaper to just order directly from a seller in Taiwan or China. A lot of these sellers are in Chino, CA.

And then there are the actual Chinese sellers who process and ship quickly (customs slows down final delivery). I just got some Nitrocellulose Paint from Taiwan - the seller packaged it securely - inside an empty Juice Box.

And if there is a problem with the item, or it never delivers, they respond in broken English like 10 year olds - they feign to not understand why there's a problem, or drag their feet on refunds, needing to 'check with the boss'. And E-Bay does nothing to monitor these unscrupulous sellers.

OTOH, the Chinese YingJili razor sellers are pretty prompt.

Last edited:
I have a few of those. I've never tried using it. I ordered 3... one arrived severely damaged or defective from the factory.

It looks usable. I have seen worse razors from Asia.

It's a pity he's giving people the impression that the only options for wet shavers in Thailand are eBay and AliExpress though. If any other residents of this country happen across B&B, they should know that Connaught Shaving in the UK ship worldwide at very reasonable prices, as does one of the US vendors who's name I've forgotten (could be Maggards but I'm not sure?) Then there's shaving.ie in Ireland and the store in Spain (?), who's name I've also forgotten. Plenty of sellers on Etsy with reasonable shipping prices too (and eBay for that matter). Things might not be as good here as they are for American wet shavers but they're not that difficult either. Cheap Feather blades are plentiful if you like them (I don't), as are Astra SS blades. There's also a company in Thailand that sells Muhle razors for reasonable prices, although once you knock the VAT off Connaught's prices, it's still cheaper to buy from them, even including the shipping fee. Last but not least, there are the intrepid few on the Buy-Sell-Trade forum who are not afraid to ship outside of CONUS. :eek:

Yes I can get Merkurs and Parkers (authentic...not knock offs) here in the Philippines from several Filipino on-line shopping sites....in addition to a decent variety of blades (Parker, Dorco, Derby, Gillette Rubies etc). There are also quite a few Chinese knock off razors at $1.00 or $2.00 and shipping is cheap from Manila to my home base in the south Philippines. I can pay COD so if my package does not show up I am out nothing.

Top Bottom