What's new

Shaving with Dove soap

Dont ask me why, but I shaved with Dove bar soap, and is not bad, I think may be better than regular brand like Porasso or Cremo. I am just amaze. It lathers really good.
You guys should try and see.

Dont ask me why, but I shaved with Dove bar soap, and is not bad, I think may be better than regular brand like Porasso or Cremo. I am just amaze. It lathers really good.
You guys should try and see.
I've used it many times and it work's well.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Why? Oh, you said don't ask ... but, but
It's what I call a "dancing bear".
"The marvelous thing about a dancing bear is not how gracefully it dances, but that it dances at all."​
It applies to all manner of seemingly pointless endeavours.

That being said, I occasionally shave with Caprina Fresh Goat's Milk Soap, a bath bar.
It's a bit thin and frothy as lather, but very slick.

I've tried it as well. It was OK but I vastly prefer my hard soaps. To me they are much more protective as well as slick.

I think the inclination comes from reading old stories of folks in the old days using the same soap to shave and shower. More of a depression thing I think. In those days I think soaps were a bit more multipurpose but who knows.

There's an old comment somewhere that I read that said Cary Grant used bath soap and a staight razor to shave because he grew up during the war dirt poor and learned to shave that way and never saw the need to change.

It was an obscure comment and supposedly quoted from a Hollywood makeup man who attended him but I don't think I believe it. Still there's the allure of shaving that way.

Chris

It's what I call a "dancing bear".
"The marvelous thing about a dancing bear is not how gracefully it dances, but that it dances at all."​
It applies to all manner of seemingly pointless endeavours...

+1! More power to the gents who shave with bath soap!! :a17::a17:

Top Bottom