What's new

After about two months I learned something

You can lap the stone on a flat tile with sand paper. But dont' let me talk you out of using a DMT or an Atoma diamond plate, they're better, but they cost a few bucks. Also - you need is a good straightedge to prove your surface is actually flat.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I cannot hone razors with a coti or jnat. I have yet to be able to get an edge that will even produce a Simi usable edge. I give up. I'm going to try with full synthetic stones once I can afford to get them. This is so discouraging and frustrating. I've watched hours and hours worth of vids. Tried everything and cannot get a freaking edge to save my life. And the sad thing is I can hone pocket knives and kitchen knives no problem. You have to hold the angle yourself. A razor you lay it flat. It shouldn't be this d@mn hard.
https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/newbie-honing-compendium.5453
I cannot hone razors with a coti or jnat. I have yet to be able to get an edge that will even produce a Simi usable edge. I give up. I'm going to try with full synthetic stones once I can afford to get them. This is so discouraging and frustrating. I've watched hours and hours worth of vids. Tried everything and cannot get a freaking edge to save my life. And the sad thing is I can hone pocket knives and kitchen knives no problem. You have to hold the angle yourself. A razor you lay it flat. It shouldn't be this d@mn hard.
https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/newbie-honing-compendium.545370/

This is an inexpensive and sure fire way to get a good edge with ease.

Except for the fact I already have jnats and am trying to get what I have to work.
I haven't tried films. But I I don't regret one bit getting my coticule, ark and jnats.
Only thing I regret getting is my 8k and 16k shapton glass. With the naturals and different slurries, it was a waste of money.
I say from my opinion that you are on the "right" path, although some people will probably disagree with me.

I haven't tried films. But I I don't regret one bit getting my coticule, ark and jnats.
Only thing I regret getting is my 8k and 16k shapton glass. With the naturals and different slurries, it was a waste of money.
I say from my opinion that you are on the "right" path, although some people will probably disagree with me.

I'm with you. I have no regrets buying and using stones. There is no question I will continue to use them and experiment. However, since I hone to shave, it's essential I have the best edge that suits my beard.

Top Bottom