What's new

Headshaver Question

Do you use the same blade for your face as your head? I used a shark blade today and got a good shave on my head, but my face needs a more aggressive (feather) type blade. I'd like to know what you all use? Do you use two separate blades or razors? Or do you use the same blade for both head and face? I'm thinking about buying one razor for my head with a less aggressive blade, and a more aggressive razor for my face.

Any help is appreciated.

I use carts on my head some so it’s 2 razors. That being said, my 37c slant handles both my face and head just fine.

There’s nothing wrong with using 2 razors. You gotta do you. Happy shaved.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

I bought my brother a birth year slim earlier this year.
He shaves his head so my thinking was he could use a different setting with the slim without having to use two razors. He loves it.

When i was using carts i would change to a fresher cart for my face. With a DE, I gavent any issues using the same blade.

I bought my brother a birth year slim earlier this year.
He shaves his head so my thinking was he could use a different setting with the slim without having to use two razors. He loves it.

This is the same advice I was given when I was initially wanting to have just one razor for both. An adjustable is a win/win.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

I generally use one razor and blade for both, but today was a combo. Started with a Karve OC C plate and Gillette Rubie for my first pass and then switched to a SB C plate for subsequent passes. Head then face, so a little plate fumbling back and forth, but a decent overall shave.

Thanks for all the help. I think i'm going to look into buying an adjustable. All I have right now is a Merkur 34CHD. Anyone have any experience with Viking Adjustables?

Meh . . .

I use same blade for both, and make no adjustments. I shave my head first, neck and throat second, face last. I'll use a blade for two shaves, figuring it's the equivalent of four facial shaves (at least) before tossing it.

Meh . . .

I use same blade for both, and make no adjustments. I shave my head first, neck and throat second, face last. I'll use a blade for two shaves, figuring it's the equivalent of four facial shaves (at least) before tossing it.

This is what I do. Beyond 2 full shaves and things get rough.

I have tried multiple things on my head from de blades to cartridges of every type I find I get they best shave and bang for my buck out of the 7 blade dorco cartridges I tried 2-3 blade carts and would skin a few areas on my head i skin my head less with 5 blade and les with the 6 blade but still did it and with my shoulder injury's I don't have the steadiness to use de blades and it is painful to my shoulders so now I use the 7 blade dorco carts on my head usually it only involves a single pass and a little clean up no cuts no scrapes no razor burn no skinning or scalping and I find the blade last 4-6 weeks

Top Bottom